You can type here any text you want

The Perfect ECM

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Prior to starting; I know very, VERY little about electronics and these are a few honest questions. The question going around in my mind is; "What would be the capabilities of the perfect ECM for a TR and how close did anyone ever get without a Formula 1 Budget?".

As a result of my question, I composed a list of few “Nice to” variables. It is realized that there are MANY more variables, but again, my limited understanding prevents me from even asking the questions. Stock or modified ECM with all or most of the following;

· Aftermarket chip (Setting for mileage, Emissions, Power)
· True sequential injection for each cylinder
· Injection timing adjustable (Start or End)
· Adjustable pulse width for each cylinder (Cylinder specific injection)
· Wide-band feedback Controlled (Injection based on load/RPM and desired fuel ratio)
· ECM Controlled Alky injection through MAP (inject ECM controlled alky like the injectors do)
· Adjustable Spark advance for each cylinder (Back cylinders may require less advance)
· MAF upgrade in chip (An upgrade in the ECM that allows for a predetermined MAF upgrade)

Alternatively, ....... Can one get an ECM like out of a 2004 6 cyl turbo car (I know there are not too many around) and make it work through a adapter into the existing harness an a custom chip programming? Am I dreaming? :rolleyes:

Jerryl said:
Prior to starting; I know very, VERY little about electronics and these are a few honest questions. The question going around in my mind is; "What would be the capabilities of the perfect ECM for a TR and how close did anyone ever get without a Formula 1 Budget?".

As a result of my question, I composed a list of few “Nice to” variables. It is realized that there are MANY more variables, but again, my limited understanding prevents me from even asking the questions. Stock or modified ECM with all or most of the following;

·Aftermarket chip (Setting for mileage, Emissions, Power)
·True sequential injection for each cylinder
·Injection timing adjustable (Start or End)
·Adjustable pulse width for each cylinder (Cylinder specific injection)
·Wide-band feedback Controlled (Injection based on load/RPM and desired fuel ratio)
·ECM Controlled Alky injection through MAP (inject ECM controlled alky like the injectors do)
·Adjustable Spark advance for each cylinder (Back cylinders may require less advance)
·MAF upgrade in chip (An upgrade in the ECM that allows for a predetermined MAF upgrade)
Alternatively, ....... Can one get an ECM like out of a 2004 6 cyl turbo car (I know there are not too many around) and make it work through a adapter into the existing harness an a custom chip programming? Am I dreaming?

The **PERFECT ECM** is one that you write the code for. That way, you can do whatever it is that you can imagine.

Anything newer then 1996 is OBDII, and a royal pain to work with, compared to the earlier ecms.

You're only dreaming, if you don't actually try and do it. I have over 3 years in working on my own code, and just as of late have it good enough that I post data logs from it, and I have another 4-5 years of looking at things to even begin to know what to look at. Not to mention alot of help from some talented guys.

Sounds like you need a motec system. With all those options your looking i would think at least 10k. Better up the credit limit on your visa card.

Just go with one of the new systems xfi, accel, bs3, the accel is the cheapest of the bunch. The accel wideband option is pricy, but if your on a budget you can get a wideband controller and sensor for $200 from innovate, and it will work fine, with a few minor differences.

Back