You can type here any text you want

The race that will never happen.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

faster

Got invited to a birthday party for a friend of my daughter's riding club. Pretty much country rednecks but mostly really good people. Over the past year I've made friends with the husband (Mark) of one of the riders whose been building and racing modifieds on dirt and asphalt for many years so he knows horsepower. He's always asking me to bring the T out to the arena and take him for a ride when my daughter races but there are too many kids and free running horses so I won't.

I bring the T to the birthday party knowing he'll be there to take him for a blast down some deseted country road. Well there is some guy there with his faily new Duramax that is worked over and runs 12's according to the owner.Yada, yada, yada.

I take Mark for his ride, the T runs perfectly and all the way back he goes on and on about how truly surprised he was that 3.8 liters could make so much usable street power without flattening out.

Back at the party he tells Duramax boy he'll loose so don't bother. Well that tore it and he would not stop about how he'll get me out of the hole and I won't catch up till we're over 100. I had to listen to that all day but he never would get in the truck so I never got my beat down like he said I would.

Well a week from last Saturday at the arena duraboy asks me if I got the T he's ready to race and I explain to him I won't bring it there because of all the kids and horses running around but tell me where and when (plus I won't race on dark two lane country roads). Gave him my cell# but haven't heard form him all last week. I'm going to have to listen to this every time we go to the arena? He won't meet me at G'ville raceway either. Sorry I brought the T to the birthday party now.

Everybody's a winner at bench racing!

Mikey

my 02

tell him to put up or shut up period. so you'll end the crap of dreding to hear from this guy. show him the ass end of the buick blowing by him from jump.

Back