You can type here any text you want

There Are Only 30-40 Festival Cars Left In Existence

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The PHS paperwork said his car was 78 and the plate he has there is 41, does this mean that if i have car 81 my Indy plate was 44??

GMC-YA said:
The PHS paperwork said his car was 78 and the plate he has there is 41, does this mean that if i have car 81 my Indy plate was 44??

No, the cars at indy were not numbered in sequence based on build number. Mine is build number 90 and it is Indy number 130.

- Dave

WARBIRD89 said:
THERE ARE ONLY 30-40 FESTIVAL CARS LEFT IN EXISTENCE??????? how did he get this number????

Read this ad
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...598612872&fromMakeTrack=true#ebayphotohosting

Well i have car#77 is mine worth somthing too lol?

I think his number is made up. This number seems way to low for the number of these that pop up from time to time on ebay. Say we have a survival rate of 70% of TTA's. Now with 150 Festival TTA's used at Indy, the number left would be 105 cars. To get to 30-40 cars left you would have only 20%-26% of the cars remaining, which I really doubt is the case.

I bet if you asked him if he knew the total number of TTA's used at Indy, he would say he did not know or make up a number.

- Dave

How does anyone authoritatively know what is left of any car? Except for the ones where only a few were made, like 2, 5, etc.

Sounds like eBay hype for the unsuspecting, unknowing and unwitting. Sure to drive up the bidding.

??

ya,, my car number is #77 my track number was #140.. and how do we know the car is real?? is it John's car?? for that $$$$ I like to know..just not some paper that any of us could make up.

Not sure on the festival numbers but he used "JOHN LINGENFELTER 1989 FESTIVAL TURBO TA #78, NOT GNX*" and Buick Grand National in the search. So I'm sure your getting a good number of vette guys bidding on it with a few shills in there makes the numbers go way up. I've been buying and selling on ebay for year. We all know those vette guys spend more then us! :eek:

The thing that amazes me is.. spend the money.. have the door fixed and painted. It's got low miles so I'm sure paint matching with todays technolgy should be easy. He could get that fender shot as well.

I towed tons of stolen cars back in the 80's from the damage of that lock I'm sure they got the car and did not "just break into it" I've seen doors with much less damage and the had the car. Be nice if someone has a carfax to run on it. Then again a friend of mine had 4K of damage to his daily driver and it didn't show up on any carfax reports! :rolleyes:

Just because Lingenfelter owned it don't even mean he ever drove in the thing! He might have bought it just to see what Pontiac did with the turbo six and left it in some garage somewhere. But the seller hits the pipe a little to much IMO :rolleyes:

Who's " mr linenfelter " ?? hehe couldn't resist when I read that in his response to a question in the ad :D

It's almost as if he trying to say this is a special edition Lingenfelter car by his wording....just because he owned the car doesn't make it any more valuable in my book.....even the car that the Indy winner owned and signed that year isn't worth anywhere near the amount he's asking...

That would be great news for us that do have authentic festival cars...but I highly doubt it.

The car hit $24,600 in the auction. Far from the buy it now price. This is more than I thought the auction would have hit. Having one sheet of paper is not near enough documentation in my book. I really needs official DMV records from Indiana to prove the ownership. Something, If I owned It I would take the time to put together to get "top dollar". I am not convinced with the "correct" documentation the car is still worth 75K.

My 2Cents
- Dave

I've been seriously entertaining the idea of selling my festival car but am a bit torn on what a good asking/starting price should be; any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I know there is a big difference between what I think it's worth and what someone else thinks, so just shoot me some opinions....right now I'm just thinking about it. Here is a brief list of the parts changed, if it's not mentioned it's factory original and I have every other OE part in a box.

16,xxx miles (still on original tires)
Car #14 built (can't remember what festival number is under the license plate)
Interior 9.5 of 10
Exterior 9 of 10
Paint 9.5 of 10
CPTE44 w/ .82 housing (large shaft turbo) new/unused
THDP w/ dump
Hemco upper
Razor's progressive alky kit
Boost, tranny temp, audible and visual knock gauges
Magnaflow crossflow muffler
Ported & Polished TTA heads with Manley valves (bad ass flow #'s)
Lunati 200-200 cam and lifters
PLX wideband O2 sensor and monitor
Scanmaster 2.1
EGT gauge
Extra rear TTA wheels w/ MT drag radials 65% life remaining
Spohn adjustable torque arm and panhard bar
Hurst linelock
Carbon/Ceramic brake pads
Built #'s matching tranny with T brake
Orange stripe converter (400 miles)
T-Top shades

I'm sure there are other things I've missed. Everything I've done can be turned back to OE, nothing is permanant except for the subframe connectors. What do you all think??? BTW, this car was once owned by the infamous drag racer B.Wanner...that should jack up the price a bunch!

Back