they made a v8 87 t-type?

Kirban 2 cents worth

As it has been pointed out they did indeed make such a car 87 Turbo-T V8 and V6 non turbo could be had with chrome package or black out package got the smaller rear different gears. Yers ago Pete Serio had one Pet was the original window rattle guy wrote the book on the window issues and used to adjust windows at the GS Nats the famous dollar bill test. Meaning the dollar bill stayed snug all around the opening...

His V8 Turbo-T got stolen guess thief thought it was a turbo car!

Buick made them probably to satisfy insurance costs for young drivers....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes G body cars have risen in value cars are a prime candidate for a crate motor of some sort.....I guess they are the cars from the 80s as the Vegas where for engine transplants in the 70s....

Lite body and lots of parts interchange.....again just my opinion.

deenniskirban@yahoo.com

When we sat down to order our "T" the salesman said
if we would get the v8 instead of the lc2 we could get
a1500$ rebate. I said " no thanks, we're good!

When we sat down to order our "T" the salesman said
if we would get the v8 instead of the lc2 we could get
a1500$ rebate. I said " no thanks, we're good!

hahah //classic ... "but sir .. you don't want the rebate ? " .. " just give me the v6 :) "

Mondello was the first one to warn you the scalloped mains were a disaster.. the poncho 400 would run circles around it.. mondello would just point you to the olds 455:)
At the time I had 2 friends with T/As. One a 400 the other a 455. My car was faster than both. The 307 would be at best a 15.5 ride. With very little mods, the 403 could slip right in and be a 14 flat or better ride. I'm not talking about a 10 second street car. Never was.

I know why he would point you at the 455 I had a regal with a bone stock buick 430 motor only a cam a Quadrajet carb modded super small 50 series street tires and Highway gears that would 13.0 1299 all day

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Kirban 2 cents worth

As it has been pointed out they did indeed make such a car 87 Turbo-T V8 and V6 non turbo could be had with chrome package or black out package got the smaller rear different gears. Yers ago Pete Serio had one Pet was the original window rattle guy wrote the book on the window issues and used to adjust windows at the GS Nats the famous dollar bill test. Meaning the dollar bill stayed snug all around the opening...

His V8 Turbo-T got stolen guess thief thought it was a turbo car!

Buick made them probably to satisfy insurance costs for young drivers....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes G body cars have risen in value cars are a prime candidate for a crate motor of some sort.....I guess they are the cars from the 80s as the Vegas where for engine transplants in the 70s....

Lite body and lots of parts interchange.....again just my opinion.

deenniskirban@yahoo.com

But Dennis, it wouldn't be called a 87 Turbo T V8... but just a 87 T V8. :angelic:

kirban 2 cents worth:

You are correct.....would not be a turbo-T.....Pontiac did a similar trick in 1970.....and 1971 called a GT-37...which lacked the appearance of a GTO. But retained the punch of a GTO. In other words Buick wanted to spread enough different variety out there to capture as much of the market as they could before the rear wheel platform shut down in Flint.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

At the time I had 2 friends with T/As. One a 400 the other a 455. My car was faster than both. The 307 would be at best a 15.5 ride. With very little mods, the 403 could slip right in and be a 14 flat or better ride. I'm not talking about a 10 second street car. Never was.

I know the cars and 403's well .. it takes alot to get a 403 in a 77-79 ta to run 14.0 flat ..

On the other hand it takes very little to get the 400 4spd 77-79 ta to run 12's
The olds motor are weak
At any rate give me the LC2 with just 2-3 hours of work its an instant low 12 second car

I know the cars and 403's well .. it takes alot to get a 403 in a 77-79 ta to run 14.0 flat ..
??? Before I did any thing to it, it ran 14.7. All I did was some #7 heads with a little home porting on which raised the compression, a 268 cam, Edelbrock manifold to save some weight, rebuilt the Rochester carb, free flow exhaust which was already on the car when I bought it, 2500 stall convert and 3.42 gears and it ran 13.5 with street tires. I wouldn't call that "a lot". I made 2 mistakes on it. First was using a high volume/high pressure oil pump which ate the distributor gear and second was have Golen's Engine build the engine. They royally screwed up the build. It was slammed together with no concern for clearances or sealing. I took the engine to builder that knew Pontiacs and Olds. He fixed the hack job Golen's did and it ran perfectly fine running 13.5 all day long. Is this engine a beast? No! I found it fine for what I was looking for in that T/A. I see no reason it couldn't be an option for a car like this T if you just wanted a fun street car. Ok, on to other things like dealing with a frigging blizzard.

Sorry about the blizzard if your up in the NE, it's 65 and sunshine here. :cool:

Wouldn't the Buick 455 be a better build than the Poncho or the Olds whatever CI you go with?

The 403 an 307 have the motor mounts in the same spot. Pull out the 307 and the 403 would go right back in along with all the hoses and wiring.. Any big cubes would be better than the 307. I know a guy that had a Caddy 500 in a regal. It burned rubber and couldn't pass a gas station. Now that was a tight fit. Got no idea what springs were in the front to hold it up.

??? Before I did any thing to it, it ran 14.7. All I did was some #7 heads with a little home porting on which raised the compression, a 268 cam, Edelbrock manifold to save some weight, rebuilt the Rochester carb, free flow exhaust which was already on the car when I bought it, 2500 stall convert and 3.42 gears and it ran 13.5 with street tires. I wouldn't call that "a lot". I made 2 mistakes on it. First was using a high volume/high pressure oil pump which ate the distributor gear and second was have Golen's Engine build the engine. They royally screwed up the build. It was slammed together with no concern for clearances or sealing. I took the engine to builder that knew Pontiacs and Olds. He fixed the hack job Golen's did and it ran perfectly fine running 13.5 all day long. Is this engine a beast? No! I found it fine for what I was looking for in that T/A. I see no reason it couldn't be an option for a car like this T if you just wanted a fun street car. Ok, on to other things like dealing with a frigging blizzard.

In my book that's a lot ... with a lot milder setup a Ponch 455 would run 11's all day long .. just sayin even a 400 would run mid 12's no problem .. the 403 was just a turd stock they were mid 15 second cars .. the 400 4 speeds would rip the 403 auto's apart .. it was like a LC2 against a NA V6 ..

YEah the snow is unreal .. I shouldn't have summarized the sleds yet ! damn it !