You can type here any text you want

thinkers and buyers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bscott442

hey why dont we make a new heading called(thinking about selling and wtb a gn)and we can use this (cars for sale heading) for cars for sale.what do you think?

I believe the "Thinking about selling" forum would tie up too much bandwidth! :D :p

How about a tire kicker section?

:p

Attachments

• Kicking%20Tire%20Net.jpg
    Kicking%20Tire%20Net.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 774
I think about selling mine all the time. Tried to sell it twice. Lots of thinking (mostly BSing) about buying it when I had it for sale. You have all kinds of idiots calling you, if you put your car on Autotrader. WOW.

WES....No doubt! don't forget the "whats your best price....Photos?"section
:D

How about simply requiring posts of cars for Sale, include a price and location and possibly one pic would be nice as well. This I think it would save several thousand post of "price and pics to such and such e-mail addy"

The rest of them can be thrown into:
The "thinking about selling a car at a price I wont tell you at a location I wont tell you with a condition you cant see until you post an e-mail" thread.

How about simply requiring posts of cars for Sale, include a price and location and possibly one pic would be nice as well. This I think it would save several thousand post of "price and pics to such and such e-mail addy"

The rest of them can be thrown into:
The "thinking about selling a car at a price I wont tell you at a location I wont tell you with a condition you cant see until you post an e-mail" thread.

There are some sites that require price and location or the moderators reserve the right to delete the post/thread. Not a bad idea IMHO. If everyone gets on the same page about this, I would also agree to do the same.

How about when you clearly post a very fair and reasonable price and some jerkoff doesn't ask any questions at all and only sends an email or pm wanting to know "WHAT IS THE LOWEST YOU WILL TAKE?". Obviously fishing and wasting sellers time. My reply to those is simply, I posted my price in the ad. "WHAT IS THE MOST YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW ALMOST NOTHING ABOUT, HAVE NOT SEEN IN PERSON AND ARE UNWILLING TO AT LEAST PICK UP THE PHONE TO DISCUSS?" HMMMM!

There is good and bad in all of this as there are also many picture collectors out there that don't have two nickels to rub together and just want to see pictures of everything someone wants to sell.

I have photos of most of my cars on a website and can easily email the link for them to interested parties, but if someone sees an add that they think interests them and they aren't even willing to invest 10 minutes in a phone call asking real questions about what a car really is, I don't have time to waste holding their hand. If I was having a fire sale or had a desparate need to sell, maybe I would look at it differently.

Just my $.02. Flame on if necessary! Have a great day guys!:biggrin:

Ya you gotta love this site. The only way to sell a car on here is if you sell it for half of what it is worth and then only about 1 out of a hundred that want it has the money or can get a loan.:confused:

I Agree With Wickedsixx....

The forum is a waste of time to sell a car.....I would of thought otherwise since we are all the largest fan base of the turbo regals....but I will admit most of the buyers on here really dont know what they want, have no money and they don't realize the rarity of these cars as each year passes....good deals are only going to dry up soon....personally I think these 86-87 turbo cars should not be sold for anything less then $15k as long as all the parts are there, runs good and has minimal rust.....any older muscle car from the previous generation is worth top dollar even if the motor is out of the car and the body is shot....the 80's only had one muscle car and we know what that is.......respect and value needs to be given period....:D

The problem is that your argument is not supported by the basic rules of supply and demand. There are plenty of cars available, you can generally have your pick and get it for a reasonable price. Buick guys are generally cheap and want the most bang for their buck, why pay 15k for a car when you can get it for 8k?

Back on subject

hey why dont we make a new heading called(thinking about selling and wtb a gn)and we can use this (cars for sale heading) for cars for sale.what do you think?
I think that a wtb section is needed in addition to cars for sale...
And I like the idea of having a required list of info for cars for sale mileage, condition, int and ext color, etc.
Just a thought:cool:

Selling

I was thinking about posting my S2 GN for sale but it sounds like it would be waste of time.

It depends how quickly you need to sell it. As you can probably tell the market is in the toilet right now, and will probably get worse as the summer goes along. Not sunny news, I know, but people are having to start to make lifestyle changes because of the economy! Good luck with your decision.

Ya you gotta love this site. The only way to sell a car on here is if you sell it for half of what it is worth and then only about 1 out of a hundred that want it has the money or can get a loan.:confused:

:eek: you hit the bullseye!!!

i have a beautiful 87 Turbo-T listed for sale here. the car is underpriced for a quick sale and yet all i have rec'd so far are a bunch of 'lowball' offers .......... and people wanting to know if i'll take their grandma's false teeth, a few chickens and some autographed milli vanilli records in on a trade!!!

Then there are the few buyers who have the means available but are tired of looking at average or worse, cars owned by Barrett-Jackson dreaming greedy bastards looking to rip someone off.

It never ceases to amaze me. There are now several forms of free classified medium available to most anyone in the world. Yet it is more difficult now to get enough information on a car to decide whether it's worthy of pursuing than ever before. People used to pay for every word in a classified Ad & they were still more informative.

Most of the Ads on this board lack the most basic pieces of information like price & location. Come on... Where the hell is the car & what do you want for it? What about mileage? There's another basic piece of info that is most often left out.

The first 3 to 5 lines of your Ad should have the year, make & model listed. The price & location. The mileage & your contact info. Simple. Everything is right there at the top & easy to find. You can add all the fluffy stuff after that. Make sure you list your items line by line. Nothing worse than a listing of several parts, mods, etc. As one long, run on sentence. I won't even waste my time reading an Ad like that.

After a while the guy with the money in his pocket gets tired of this B.S. and decides to just keep his money or look elsewhere. We all love these cars & think they are worthy of collector car prices. You know what? That decision is not up to the seller. Only the buyers can make that decision.

Someone above posted that the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. That is the reality.

If you haven't been able to sell your car. You might take a more realistic look at your Ad & your asking price. Would you buy that car from a perfect stranger for that price?

Chiming in again... I think some of you guys have the right idea as far as information goes. Some other car sites I frequent actually have a form that you fill out and gets posted, so at least the bare minimum information like price, mileage, location are required to make a post. That would be a nice touch!

You think only turbo Buicks are bad for low ball offers....it's literally anything these days.

I sold a 1971 Chevelle 396 big block car back in Jan. I had it out for sale I think around mid November. The car was an easy $10k car, it ran, drove, looked good. I got every low ball offer from $3500 on up to $5500. I marked it down to $9k and got $8k for it as I was moving and couldn't take it with me. I later learned a few of the low ball offers were people looking to flip it for profit on ebay.

I also sold a nice 1997 S-10 in October, it was in mint condition, short bed reg cab with the big V6, auto and recently repaired (at $900) A/C system, retailed $5k...I got one low ball offer of $3k, probably some scum looking to do but what else - flip it for profit.

Also when I sold my 1984 Regal, it was a 2 door no rust solid 1 owner FL car, n/a 3.8 worth $2k, but I got every offer of $1200-$1500.

So yeah while I agree some want something for nothing, I think in this day of "Barrett-Jacksonitis", people see these cars and hope you will sell it to them for less than it's worth, so they can turn around and sell it at profit.

So it's not only Buick guys who are cheap. And that's why from now on, I am considering putting a firm next to the price, to let you know, if you can read, that that is my bottom dollar. But I'm sure it won't always work, because we all know low ballers have difficulty reading anyways right?

Yeah a car's value might be worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but it's also worth what the seller is willing to part with it for...........right?

Back