You can type here any text you want

thinking alky? here's some basic info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The Hago nozzle is my choice due to ease of installation, great atomization, $$$, and flow rate level.

The best atomization nozzle is the aquamist, but their size(flow) and push on barb,and high $$$ are its weakness.

If your running water, then consider the aquamist nozzle.

I dont care for the NOS nozzle used in this type of application. It does works for a lot of guys..just my own opinion.

My .02

Originally posted by GREG O'Brien
any of you guys using the 'mini-misting' nozzle from McMaster&Carr?

same made by Hago .. well Mcmaster sells a bunch of them..And sizing will be an issue with a smaller displacement motor.

HTH

On a smaller motor, its gets a little trickier becuase of air flow and displacement.

You do-it-yourselfer's on these piece-meal alky kits are crazy. What are your motors worth?? Wouldn't it make perfect sense just to Buy a Proven Alky Kit like Razor's w/matched components & excellent technical/customer service & be done w/it!!!!!! I whether save $2500(motor) than save$100(DIY alky kit) to lose $2500, your friend "The Rocket Scientist"

What if some of us actually are Rocket Scientists and can make the same kit cheaper?

Stevemon has installed plenty DIY kits with no problems too.

Then again it ain't rocket science anyway, most of the additions are bells and whistles and a bit more tunability not anything that's gonna prevent meltdown in a failure.........

Bet more motors have been lost on race gas than on alky. :p

if you've built the rest of the car from the ground up... why do you need an alky injection 'kit'.

everything i do is DIY ;)

i can see how someone just looking for easy bolt-ons would benefit from a kit though.

Only thing majical about a kit is it takes the guess work out of the equation. And all systems whether they be DIY or in a kit form.. still require installation.

We're just talking hard parts here.. That majic mentioned in the first paragraph are electronics related. This gets a little tougher on a DIY, at the risk of engine damage, i'll leave it at that :) .

Remember it has to be tuned aka dialed in. This is where the puzzle comes together. Mess this part up, well its only $$$, you'll be doing more DIY work :D

Cheers.

Which nozzle would be best suited for a higher horsepower turbo Buick, say a 10second or quicker car. My combo "should" be a 10.50 on race gas. If I wanted to play around with 93 octane and still go quick, which nozzle should I use?

Originally posted by Warp6
Which nozzle would be best suited for a higher horsepower turbo Buick, say a 10second or quicker car. My combo "should" be a 10.50 on race gas. If I wanted to play around with 93 octane and still go quick, which nozzle should I use?

This is exactly what i'm talking about. And if you go experimenting on something like this.. things happen really fast at higher power levels.

If you can get away with air temp reduction, and a little enrichment to hit the mark, alky will do it. I would think 1000 CC per min, a single may do it with the proper pressure behind it, talking 125-150 PSI. Or double it up and drop the pressure.

Homework is required

;)

Back