You can type here any text you want

THINKING of selling my WE4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

georgewe4

For a while I have been thinking about selling my 87 WE4. I have had the car for 11 years now and my interest has faded for the car. I still have fun with the car every now and then but other things have taken my priorities. I have included plenty of pictures to help with the thoughts of what I can get out of it. I am not looking to give the car away. I have had it for 11 years, nothing is owed on it and I have plenty of room to park it if I have to. I have had it so long it is actually hard to remember what all I have done to the car since day one. I bought it from a guy who was approx 45-50 years old who had just gotten married for the first time. He bought the car new off of the showroom floor and paid cash for it. He rarely rode any passengers in it and never smoked in it. He had it rust proofed from Ziebart. It needed some attention because he must have thought you never had to wash bird poop off of cars and the exterior was dirty and so was under the hood. The interior was wonderful though. The car was stock and no mods had ever been done to it. He also took care of it mechanically with plenty of receipts of the services done.
The car currently sits with just under 100,000 miles on it.
It is a hard top.
Power windows, cruise, power locks. No power seat. A/C is cold with R-12. Everything works even the power antenna. The body is in decent shape. The paint is fair. The next thing I was going to do was have the car painted and body fixed. The doors have rust at the bottom. I was going to have the bottom sheet metal replaced. The rust is not really noticeable from just viewing the out side.It has not gotten any worse in the last 11 years. The paint is shiny with normal checking and stains in the paint that look like bird poop has sat for a while. Just a few spots like that. The seats are excellent. No wear no tears no rips.
Here are things done.
Hooker exhaust
No cat, (I still have it)
TPS tech
Blue tops
Chip for the blue tops
Adjustable waste gate
Polished plenum
Plenum spacer
100 lb valve springs
kenne bell ram air
vacuum brakes
adj fuel press reg
S-10 rear wheel cylinders
2 ¾ down pipe from bowling green customs
SMC alky kit
The tranny was just rebuilt last year. Pump, wide band, clutches and all. Good stuff was put in it. Also had the rear main seal put in at the same time.
I had the outlaw ones wheels put on the car
And the tires have ½ tread
I upgraded the fuel pump just after purchasing the car. The car had approx 76,000 miles when I bought it.
New head liner, have not had the visors done yet though.
The car has had mobile one used since day one. He gave it the slick 50 treatment also J
Sill the original turbo, and the engine has not been rebuilt.
I am going to try to figure out how to post pictures. I may need help with this. Like I said I am just THINKING about selling at this point. I am located about 25 miles from Dayton Ohio.
Thoughts?
Thanks. George

I have a lot of pictures topost, but I cannot figure out how to post them. I am not wanting to e-mail them to a ton of people. I don't have the time for that. If someone can help me out I have about 15-20 pics of the car.
Thanks

Thanks for the thought. I dont mind doing that at all. I just cant figure out how to post more than one picture. I don't get along with computers all that well.
George

took notice of the manage attachments at the bottom you can do this instead that should be what you were looking for not sure if you are limited to sizes of pics

Alan

I have once again tried to find a way to post pictures. I have not had a lot of time to work on finding a way either. Just lost my aunt out of state and have been helping my dad deal with that. Will be going out of town soon for the funeral. Will figure it out then. I really want to find out a price on this car.
I know pictures will help.
George

Back