You can type here any text you want

Thought I would share

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nigel

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Returned to the Turbo Buick world last fall after a 6 year hiatus (getting old), Just thought I would share so far.
- Purchased 91K mile 87 Turbo T from board member
- Real nice shape zero corrosion
- Car virtually stock, cold air kit, 37lb/hr Delphi inj, Walbro 307 hotwire, 93 Lubrant chip, scanmaster, stock pipes muffler replaced.
Car was not owned in the past by car guys, maintenance and upkeep real good, but all of the typical items not done. Passenger upper a-arm bushing shot, pcv shot blowing oil everywhere. Missing body bushings still missing, boost high for 93, FP too high for good tune, tps not set, iac not set, plug gap high.

Work done: upper passenger a-arm bushings replaced, planning total front end redo in not too distant future, want to drive it some since other bushings still present. Leak down, 92 to 96%. Dutt neck, did the install myself. PIA, finally gave in and sealed pin holes with JB weld as I could not get air tight with the mig. Wish I had and was proficient with a tig. Replaced PCV with check valve style from Kirban, replaced front and rear main seal, replaced timing chain, reinstalled stock airbox (want stock look and will see what I can do with it installed), gutted cat and welded in 2 ½” pipe to improve flow. Cleaned oil up from intake, tuned Lubrant chip. Car running well. Installed CK shift kit. Installed boost gauge, used GNS mount.

Installed Razor kit, road test, car lays down at the top of second, no top of third check for obvious reasons. Install new valve springs (PIA), problem solved, old ones good at stock boost no good with increased boost(no new news here). Tune with Lubrant chip. Runs good. Install turbotweak alky chip. Set FP to 43psi, Razor kit set to 6, adjust boost 22-23psi. Runs awesome, no knock with no additional adjustments. Nice work Razor and Eric, you guys know your stuff. Car is fun to drive.

Next missing body bushing, boxed rear lowers, and tires. Then off to the strip for some fun and tweaking. Only thing missing is local methanol. Anybody know of any close to Albany NY.

Hello,

I'm close to Albany - get my methanol at Lebanon Valley Dragway. Pick it up there while picking up barrels of VP 110.
Not sure if there is a closer place.

hello; Funny I was at the store the other day and this guy comes over and starts talking about my car as he had one. He said he had a 10 sec. car and was experimenting with water/alky in the past but his setup was either on or off and he said there was a guy in Florida who was experimenting also. Any way we ended the conversation with "you got to get another one" Both he and his wife and kid all laughed and said maybe. I could see in his eyes that he missed the ol TB kinda like you.
IBBY

The turbo buick bug is hard to shake.

Longball, how do they sell it at the valley, by the gallon, drum or container? I am only a few miles from the valley, I live a little west the great metropolis called Nassau. TIA.

Back