Thrasher 92 chip

Well, I'm going to order up a Thrasher 92 chip and get that Pitbull out of there before it bites me. Last thing I want is a popped headgasket or the like on a 2500 mile car.

Thrasher says to run a Bosch 237 regulator... opinions? Should I go with the Bosch or one of the nifty billet regulators?

Does the scanmaster report fuel pressure, or will I need a gauge to set the pressure to 49psi with the vacuum disconnected?

Also... will I have to tweak on my adjustable wastegate when I install the Thrasher? This is all new to me :p

I'm very interested in the Scanmaster II now... small, and everything viewable right in front of me... but can it show IAC counts, or will I need to get Turbolink or Directscan for that?

The factory regulator is a 45lbs one..it is already unless someone has changed it a 237.

Yes the scanmaster shows you IAC along with a host of other stuff.Direct scan is great if your looking at recording your runs or seeing when the head gasket blows :) and it is great for tuning like burning your own chips and seeing an O2 curve.

Get the scanmaster.You wont be sorry.A fuel pressure guage can be gotten at any auto parts stores.Your fuel pump should be changed if it hasnt been to a walbro 340 and the thrasher is programmed to run with 45lbs fuel pressure hose off regulator.

I ordered up a billet adjustable regulator and a gauge from John. I figure the adjustable regulator will give me more tweaking capabilities. I'm going to have to hold on ordering the Scanmaster II until end of next week... too many things on the plastic this cycle :p

The car still has the stock fuel pump installed, but it is hotwired. I plan on upgrading to a Walbro soon, but dropping the tank looks like a real PITA. I wish it was as easy as on my '69 Chevelle...

Ok, that might be a little far for me to help you on your tank, but good luck anyway and keep us posted on progress!:)

I didn't get the chip today (probably monday-tuesdayish) but I did install my new billet fuel pressure regulator and Racetronix hotwire kit. ATR hotwired the fuel pump with some mediocre quality 12 gauge wire back in 1991 and it was a real hackjob. The Racetronix kit is *very* nice. It looks totally OEM with the weatherpak conncetors and splitloom, plugged right in, and was built very nicely. Kudos to Racetronix on this item... it's a bargain @ $49.99 if you ask me.

Next week looks pretty good... I'll probably get the Thrasher early in the week, order up a Scanmaster II later in the week, then hopefully Saturday I can weld in my new Global West subframe connectors. In a month or so I'll pick up a THDP... then the TTA should be able to keep up with my Chevelle :D