You can type here any text you want

Thrasher Anti-Theft bypass?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Boostmeister

I am happy with my Thrasher 92 anti-theft chip, BUT what does one do when the car needs service? Replace the chip with a stocker, or clue the mechanic in? Or can the anti-theft be temporarily disabled for such an occasion?

Replace the chip with a different one...Don't let anyone know what the procedure is...You're defeating the whole purpose of that feature if you do...If you tell the mechanic, what's to stop him from clueing in some of his "friends" and you not finding your car one day where you left it??? Better yet, have your favorite chip guru burn you a valet chip that has rpm and speed limiters built in so that your "mechanic" can't do 160mph on the highway and then brag about it on the internet the next day...

The anti-theft can't be disabled...

In answer to your question, "what does one do when the car needs service?"...You learn to do the work yourself...It's the only safe way that you know the job will be done to your specifications and you will be getting your car back in one piece...

That was always one of my biggest gripes. You can't turn the anti theft feature off in the Thrashers. :mad:

Unlike the Extender, who's anti theft features can be turned off any time you need to turn the car over to a valet or whomever.

I do do most of the service work, but I don't have an alignment rack, or tire changing machine, or 2 ton press, or etc. And I can't do state inspections in my garage either, so sometime you gotta take it somewhere.

I have the same dilemma happening right now today! My wife is taking her thrasher equipped 87T in for an alignment this morning. She'll have to start it for the mechanic when it needs to be started. Either way, this is the only local mechanic I trust at all. He's someone I've known for years and I know he has his own fast cars to play with. He's the only other person who has ever even driven my car! And after reading about that Mustang mechanic, I still turned the boost way way down to 10PSI before I let her leave the house this morning. Just in case... ;)

Back