Thrasher chip question

I like them. As long as you set the car up the way they tell you, no problems. Idles great, gets great gas mileage and quick to spool.

They work great but you have to have your car well tuned for them to work properly.

Only real bad thing is you can only get them for 28lb, 30lb, and 36lb injectors. Some modified 93 octane anti-theft MSD-50 versions floating around out there too.

Don't order the Stutter feature. I gave it a good go a few times and it always seemed the christmas tree lights and the stutter were out of phase and 1/2 the time I would leave "On a Stutter" which feels like a carb bog.

I really like the 108 and the 100 (stock injector) at the track. The 100 is great when you don't want to run straight race gas. Get the 108 with a TCC lockup and it will be the fastest chip you own.

My best ET was with a T108 for bluetops with the static feature: 11.53@117.75. My car also went 118.31 mph with this chip.

Used to have one

I ran one for a while. I liked it a lot. Had slightly better manners than my Red Armstrong chip.

One day......I put on a cold air setup and the chip freaked out. Would sputter and lurch at heavy throttle. It seems to have had problems with the greatly increased air flow.

Put Red back in and the car was fine. I guess the lesson learned is when they say "stock GN" they mean it.

If your car is stock the Thrasher chip is in my opinion the best buy.

Re: Used to have one

Originally posted by Renthorin
I ran one for a while. I liked it a lot. Had slightly better manners than my Red Armstrong chip.

One day......I put on a cold air setup and the chip freaked out. Would sputter and lurch at heavy throttle. It seems to have had problems with the greatly increased air flow.

Put Red back in and the car was fine. I guess the lesson learned is when they say "stock GN" they mean it.

If your car is stock the Thrasher chip is in my opinion the best buy.

Sounds to me like you may have a marginal MAF.

As I stated earlier my car ran 11.50's @ 118 last time I went to the track. I would venture a guess that is a little more "modified" than your car. A thrasher chip will work fine on modified cars IF the car is in good working order.

As I stated earlier my car ran 11.50's @ 118 last time I went to the track. I would venture a guess that is a little more "modified" than your car. A thrasher chip will work fine on modified cars IF the car is in good working order.
UNGN is correct. I've had Thrasher chips in several cars that ran in the elevens on Blue Tops.

Thrashers are made for stock camshafts and unported heads. When modifications are made to either that go beyond the fuel capacities of the present fuel system, that's where the problems start...because you need larger injectors, not because its a bad chip.

Thasher chips are still only $25 shipped from me.