You can type here any text you want

Thrasher Praise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnturbo

Fireman Jim
I have had a problem with transitional knock at highway speeds and also intermittent knock from time to time some days better than others.I have switched gas stations,ran xylene,tinkered and toiled trying to get the knock out.I had given up hope and then I tried a thrasher 92 for my 36lb injectors.I had just got back from the turkey rod run and had been getting knock at highway passing speeds and knock when I eased into the throttle slowely and the knock would ease up with the boost all dya cruising back.When I got home I found my thrasher chip in the mail box.I immediately installed it and set my fp at 45psi and went for a spin.First thing I noticed was how quick the turbo spooled and the lack of knock.I took her out on the highway and eased into the throttle trying to duplicate the transitional knock I had been getting all day on the ride home,no knock,it would not knock at all .This makes me very happy and I say thank you to scott for hooking me up and making such a fine chip.Also I went to the track last month and I had a few race chips that I tried. The thrasher108 for blue tops gave me a total of 3/10ths and 3mph over any of the other chips I tried in the 1/4 mile.For me and my GN I will stick with and highly recommend the thrasher chip line.Thanks again

Glad to hear you like it! Obviously, your car is setup properly and thus, the Thrasher chip is working as it should.

Obviously, my car is setup up correctly also. I like the thrasher chip and it works good in my GN, BUT I had to leave the battery disconnected for 15 mins to clear the computor so that the stutter would work. I dont know why I had to do this but that is what it took. Now it runs good.

thanks!

BUT I had to leave the battery disconnected for 15 mins to clear the computor so that the stutter would work. I dont know why I had to do this but that is what it took.
Bruce pointed out several months ago that one of the factory service manuals said that depending on temperature (colder takes longer) some ecms need up to 15 minutes with the orange wire unplugged to fully reset themselves. I've never seen one take more than a second or two but obviously GM had some that were reallllly slooooow :-).

Back