You can type here any text you want

Thrasher question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GrndNatnl

Regal of the Dark Order
Is it possible at all to run a Thrasher 92 street chip with just the stock FP regulator? I have green-stripe injectors and an upgraded fuel pump (Red Armstrong). I next on my list is an adjustable regulator, probably the billet one from Kirban. I'm not sure I can find a 237 regulator to rip out of another Buick at the junkyard. (Cant remember which cars had it..)

I just want something better then the stock chip for now. Will it harm anything until I get the regulator? Whats the difference between the stock TR regulator and the 237's?

thrasher must be run @ 45psi +/- 1-2psi. That is how they get the smooth idle characteristics, anything less and you will have problems and most likely lots of knock. The difference between the stock and 237 regulator is the static fuel pressure. I believe the stock is about 37-38psi and the 237 will get you 45psi static.
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

HTH

Jay

Look for the the fwd 4 cyl GM cars in the yards. The Bosch fuel pressure regulator will have 237 as the last 3 digits of the part number and will look just like the stock one. Look at your stock regulator, the part number is the one with 233 as the last digits.

Mike

Ok, thanks. I'll go hunting for one when I get a chance to head to the yard. I'm anxious to grab a nice 92 chip for only $25 bucks. Pretty good chips, and anythings better then stock, so I gotta do something quick before the Buick meet next month. :D

Thrasher for stock FPR

I think Scott Simpson actually does a Thrasher 92 set up for the stock fuel pressure regulator. Might want to drop him a note and confirm.

Re: Thrasher for stock FPR

Originally posted by subtlt
I think Scott Simpson actually does a Thrasher 92 set up for the stock fuel pressure regulator. Might want to drop him a note and confirm.
You are correct Grasshopper. ** 92-28-k2.00 **

Send me an e-mail at Scott231@Juno.com if interested.:)

The 237 reg can be found on most, if not all, mid 80's fwd Buick 3.0L, 3.8L, 3800's out there...They are all over the place at the local U-Wrench-It...

Scott, how well does the chip for the stock FP regulator work? It worth a shot, or better worth it to get a 237 or adjustable? Whats a rough idea on hp gain? I need -something- to hold me over until I get the adjustable reg, so I can run a bit better for Buick Day this year.

Originally posted by Hawaiian Turbo
Scott, I was just wondering if the Thrasher locks the converter at WOT. Thanks, Paul
Not the chips I sent to you Paul. (None of the Thrashers for 009's will force the TCC lockup at WOT.)

Back