You can type here any text you want

Three Mustangs in one night!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike

Money pit
I was at the dragstrip taking the GN out for the first time in almost 2 years. Needless to say it was a great night. My first run was against a 2000+ GT. I was in the left lane and was turning off of the track before he even crossed the finish line. :rolleyes:

I also ran a 2003 Cobra. The guy stayed in his car with the windows up in the staging area, so I didn't get to talk to him about what he had, but I noticed the Basini exhaust and DR's. I'm sure he at least had a K&N and maybe a pulley. I could tell that he wasn't exactly excited to run me. I had him by about 3 or 4 car lengths by the end of the run. I ran 12.45@111.16 with a 1.993 60ft (track was preped poorly) to his 13.10@108. I'm 2 for 2 on '03 Cobra kills now! (I smoked one last summer)

On the way home, I ran into a stock looking early 90's 5.0. We went from a roll and I was about 1/4 throttle so he got a car length on me. We caught the next light and he looked over at me with this S%&t eating grin. Light turned green and I just hammered on him. I had 3 car lengths by the time I was across the intersection (sideways) and then just let off. For some reason he didn't want to pull back up to me. :D

On a side note there was a guy at the track with a Ferarri 575 Marinillo (sp?) who refused to "give me the pleasure" of smoking him. Too bad he knew about TR's. Oh well, I need to have some fuel added to 3rd on my chip and get to a track that is better preped so I can get that 11 second timeslip.

Good kills!!

I seriously doubt the '03 had a pulley. Most stock and/or catback 03s run higher than 108. I ran 12.9@110 with less than 1000 miles on the car and street tires, first time to the track. Some filter/catback have run 112 or higher. Either way, you certainly walked him! :cool:

Good kills.

It's weird, I always said I hated Mustangs in the old days when the 5.0s were everywhere. Then the ricers took over and I really missed the Mustangs. At least they were some competition. There was nothing like coming home with a few kills in one night. Now even if I beat 10 Hondas in a night I don't feel like I accomplished anything other than wasting gas. People used to be big on building up the 5.0s in my area but the majority of the 4.6 Mustangs I've run into are stock and I might see one 5.0 in a week.

I had 3 car lengths by the time I was across the intersection (sideways) and then just let off.

I love it!!! I know a guy who used to leave wheels across a 4 lane highway intersection, plus about a 1.5 lanes worth of median in his '69 GTO 4 speed. Too bad that car is in a million pieces now, he took it apart one day 15 years ago.

I used to hate the mustangs back in the 80's too. But I guess these days I'll take any V8 rumble.

Some of these ricer cars are so freaking loud!!! Not in a nice way, like and annoying mosquito in your ear way. How could you drive around in something like that all day?

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Most stock and/or catback 03s run higher than 108.

This is the second '03 Cobra that I have come across that was not running so hot. The last one I raced had a K&N and Exhaust and I pulled on him from a roll at 60mph in street trim. I have a feeling that they get some good knock retard out here with our crappy pump gas.

I have a crappy video off of a digital camera of last weekends race and I also noticed that the guy in the Cobra couldn't shift worth a damn. :rolleyes:

I'm not a Mustang hater anymore since the infestation of Rice. I won't waste my gas on one in the GN, but I love beating up on them in my '99 Regal GS. Most import guys know and respect TR's, but they have no clue what the hell just happened when they get dusted bad in a grandpa car. :D

Good to know the Stangs are still going down so easily. A vendor at work wants to race me for money when I get my car back. He has a stock 97 Cobra 5 speed. I told him all I had to do was break the engine in for 500 or so miles and it's on! He has no clue what he's up against.:D

Back