You can type here any text you want

Throttle body coolant question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just finishing up some of the last bit of fab parts to get my car running. I have a question about the coolant hoses that goto the TB. I know in the past before to other cars that I have worked on, I have just capped off the coolant hoses to the TB and not run coolant threw the TB. My question is this. Can I do this to my 87 and not have a problem. figure it would be best to have the air as cool as possible going into the engine any how and it would be nice to not have to buy an extra fitting for my fuel setup.

Thanks in advance

Go ahead and cap them off. Throttle body heat is not needed on these cars. Unless you plan on driving it in -30 weather!

Is it better to connect them together? What happens to the coolant trying to make its way to the t-body if you just cap the line?

You have to cap both lines coming from the coolant pipe. You can buy a cap kit from some of the vendors on this board. Or Ive just used a piece of hose and looped it back to the coolant pipe bypassing the TB.

one of my customers had me to run those lines thru a front mounted tranny cooler..it even dropped the engine temp a few degrees.....

Back