You can type here any text you want

Throttle body??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADazzBUICK

NO!!...its not a MONTE!!!
Could someone tell me if this port should have a vaccume or something on it? ThanX

Attachments

• johns GN pics 013.jpg
    johns GN pics 013.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 159
That is the coolant port. There should be two on the throttle body. It warms the throttle body to get better emmissions. Most people disconnect them and just loop one of the hoses between the two coolant pipes on the intake.

The other one is underneath the throttle body I think angled maybe at 45 deg. I wouldn't worry about it if it is missing. No one uses them.

It would be ok if I just left that 1 open or should I cap it? ThanX for your help:)

The water was used to keep the throttle body from icing. Not really a problem on a turbo car. You don't need it.

You can cap them, you can leave them open. You can cap one and leave the other open. Doesn't really matter. I've always just left them open. Some people cap them probably so that it doesn't look like something is missing. I have heard of people having trouble with smog testing because the tech thinks it is a vacuum line unplugged.

Back