Throttle position sensor source

GN Bob

I'm looking for a throttle position sensor for an 87 GN and wanted to if there is any good reason to buy Delphi vs. AC Delco or one of the other brands or if there is a reason to stay away from any brand.

I did a quick search on the rockauto.com site and came up with these 5 choices.

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # TH49T {TRU-TECH}
with Multi Fuel Injection $22.79

AIRTEX Part # 5S5053
(Turbo), Multiport Fuel Injection $31.79

DELPHI Part # SS10430 $32.79

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # TH49
with Multi Fuel Injection $40.79

ACDELCO Part # 2134386 {#19187340}
Throttle Position Sensor 2 DOORS $43.99
* Non-stock item--shipping delayed up to 3 business days

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Bob

I think that most of the experienced turbo Buick people, me included, will almost always opt for GM original as in AC Delco whenever possible. I don't know of too many exceptions to this line of thought.

I think that most of the experienced turbo Buick people, me included, will almost always opt for GM original as in AC Delco whenever possible. I don't know of too many exceptions to this line of thought.

I can't help but see the irony in the poster's last name.

Wells is a big supplier of aftermarket ignition parts that some would rather stay away from.

I can't help but see the irony in the poster's last name.

Wells is a big supplier of aftermarket ignition parts that some would rather stay away from.

Not related, but I am sure that they are worth money, so in that case, I wish that I was.

Also, no to prejudge anything, but I think that most, not some, peeps would rather stay away from anything made by Wells.

Standard manufacturing Company would be my next choice, as they made some original stuff for ASC Delco. Cam Sensors come to mind here.

Gary,

I was going to go with either Delco or Delphi but just thought I'd ask.

I work at an automotive switch and sensor manufacturing company and am well aware of how cheap every component has to be to be purchased by GM so Wells and the others are probably even more crappy.

The TPS is probably a resistive ink potentiometer with a wiper that wears away the ink path. Mine is an original with over 180,000 miles on it.

Sometimes when I stomp on it, the car falls flat on its face and stumbles, no codes just some knock. I'm seeing nothing obvious with WIN ALDL (which has too slow an update speed to catch the TPS glitch).

Thanks for your reply.

Bob