throw some ideas at me fellas

xxninja

man my car is driving me nuts !
have any of you had a problem like this........

car idles and run great all over town, yet when i get into some boosting, say like 7-10 psi i start gettin this pinging, sound
does not sound to be mechanical sort of pinging
more of less fuel/ air or injector timing off.
something along that line

heres a lil of thing i have checked and tried in my attempt to fix this

*i have a new walbro and a working regulator, the boost line to the regulator is good as well.
i got a guage on the windshield and the Fp rises with boost.

*i got the delco 43ts plugs at .035 all clean and new, new kirban wires for the 85's and a new alternator,
*ground straps on the coil / module
*fuel injetors are the #36 installed last winter
* have new seals on a Limit turbo
* new o2 sensor
*run 94 octane with 3 gallons of 110 turbo blue
*blocked egr valve off
*tried various mafs
* have proper iac and tps setting
*car does not smoke and has new headgaskets.
*new valve springs
i have the 87 caspers module when i switched to 87 ecm last summer, i have a casper coil pack coming this weekend.

i am gunna go unplugging the cam sensor after work and go for a ride. other then that im stumped
i mean, the scanmaster shows no error at all and im not running overly rich
about #38line off on a jay carter 93 chip, i think its 17 degrees of timing. i aslo tried a thrasher 92

the car is not bogging down or losing power at all, it wants to keep going, but i wont let it, due to not wanting to cause major damage

i dont think it could be the timing chain, its a 64K car thats never even seen the track

any of you guys have problems like this? i know i read some posts, but they were not 2 helpful
maybe ya guys could throw me a frickin bone here

;)
sorry the post is soo long, but being more in depth, stops having to post 45 times with updates :)

?

Make sure the bundle of grounds under the alt. and ac compressor are good and clean, tight. Could be the cam sensor is off.

have you verified(with a scantool)that you are getting knock?

does it happen only at part throttle/lower boost?

here's something to think about:if your chip is burned for a functioning egr and you have it disabled you will get part throttle knock because of the extra timing burned into the chip for the egr function.

i had this problem once before(part thottle knock going up hills,etc)and once i got my maxeffort chip(no egr)it went away.

something to think about:).

later,sean

check you driver side motor mount as well...could be some stuff banging around...just changed mine for $10...knock went from 20 to 2:eek: its a whole different car

ok well you guys definately gave me some things to tinker with.
myu grounds look clean and i got a new negative cable.

my scanmaster doesnt ever show knock when this happens, which makes me suspisicous.
imma go try the socket extension test by the knock sensor inna few. to see if it even works.

ok and as for a bad egr or selenoid, WFO is making me curious, cuz that could be a culprit, does Thrash 92 use Egr? it also does it on on my JC 93 chip as well

do u guys have a part number for the selenoid? is it an autozone part of a buick part? just for future references , Its an 85 gn

thanx for the ideas fellas
keep throwin uhm at me
:D

to check your egr valve reach under the valve itself and push up on the arm.with the car running it should want to die.if it doesn't do anything your egr valve is bad or the passages in the intake are clogged(my problem).