You can type here any text you want

Thunderfab Buick I/C in a TTA.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Russ Merritt

Has anyone tried it? I'm workin on a TTA with a hole in the I/C and 2 blades missin off the crank fan...:rolleyes: I had one Thunderfab I/C left and just for chits and giggles went out to see how far off it would be. Tell you what, gonna be a little low but........it might work.

Anyone else ever try it before?

Russ

I have not tried this, keep us posted.

Ty

PS I assume this is a bigger better unit than stock!!??

Ty

I saw this at Russ's house today on the TTA there.

Its a stock stretch intercooler.

It is pretty damn low, about 2-3 inches of ground clearance, but everything looked to bolt up fine.

U COULD run with it, but a speed bump or pot hole might dent and/or damage it if it was street driven alot...

3 1/2" clearance....... Not enough for me. All Thunderfab would have to do is delete 4 rows and it would work fine. Turn it into a 18 row TTA I/C..........

Get a Mease IC with 3" inlets and outlets...KM bent the necks so the outlet is almost touching the core,awsome for clearance...My 24 row has almost as much gc as a stocker...HTH

Just my 2 cents but save your money on the intercooler and buy a alkycontrol kit

it will lower your intake temps way more then any intercoolr and be able to run more BOOST!!! thanks JD

Trying new things....ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A HOLE IN YOUR CURRENT INTERCOOLER.... Is a good thing. My Stock TTA intercooler scoop was not even four inches off the ground. Might be something to consider when YOU HAVE A HOLE IN YOUR CURRENT INTERCOOLER ;)

The hole was from the fan............. I said earlier there were 2 blades missin......The skid plate doesn't have a mark on it. It's still a little too low anyway. Cutting off 4 rows, make it 18 instead of 22 would work fine. Have to mod the sheet metal scoop but no big deal. Maybe later he'll want to try something but for now it's getting a GN I/C.

Back