You can type here any text you want

Timing map on the Gen 7 what are you guys running at idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo306

I did a search and found some people run as much as 40* at idle (this is in a mustang).... I talked to a few tuners and they said that is WAY too much.... Is it best to get the A/F ratio set by the VE tables then move on to the timing to get good vacuum?... what is a good range of timing?... I currently am running 35-40* at idle and 14 across the board when it comes into boost...and have about 8-10 pounds of vacuum... and the air fuel is about 13.0-13.5 ...

This is all monitored by a innovate lm-1 that is hooked up to the Gen-7... and that is my other question… should I just set the a/f ratio table to 14.0 and let it correct the fuel and timing?… or is that more for cruzing?… and is there a way to shut off the Closed loop correction when you are in boost (I don’t want it leaning it out for some strange reason!)

The combo is a 5.0 mustang, 331 stroker, PTK 76 MM turbo, Water Meth, pump gas 91, bennet custom grind cam...

Back