You can type here any text you want

Timing Question -- FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mikes88Stang

I need to settle a dispute. Is the Timing shown on the Timing Advance Table the total timing or is it simply the advance? So If I have a BASE of 10 degreese and the Timing Map (or DASH) shows 30, should I have 30 or 40?

Thanks

This is on a ford mustang that has the crank ref angle at 10.

Originally posted by Mikes88Stang
I need to settle a dispute. Is the Timing shown on the Timing Advance Table the total timing or is it simply the advance? So If I have a BASE of 10 degreese and the Timing Map (or DASH) shows 30, should I have 30 or 40?

Thanks

This is on a ford mustang that has the crank ref angle at 10.

Mike,

The timing reflected in the Fast Timing map, should be what is actually showing on crank using a timing light. If it is off a few degrees adjust the value in the crank ref. offset (10).

Example: Map is 30 deg.....crank timing shows 32, then change crank reference offset to 12, this will sync it to 30.
I know it looks backwards, but thats how it works add to subtract, or subtract to add.

Hope this settles the dispute???

Joe
PTE
Joe@PrecisionTurbo.net
219-996-7832

Thanks Rick and Joe. Yep, I am right, BUT unfortuinatly the car runs like crap.... agh. Wont rev or anything. The timing was WAY off from what the FAST thought it was. Its not setup so that the FAST and balancer are in sync. Maybe someday this FAST install will be complete.

Hey Joe, in case you dont remember me.... Its mike from CT. We had a bad TFI harness to start with. Remember? Hehe. Let me know if you finally got your in-office hi-speed, maybe you can connect to my laptop and check this out.:confused:

Hey Mike id still like to check out your car and give you a hand. Let me know. Tomorrow and friday i will be putting my car back together and hopefully be on the dyno sat afternoon, Probably Cody macs,Was there today with a stage car, Blew the trans on the dyno,but made 658#s of torque at 4600 with 20#s of boost. Otto

I just looked at those logs and I cant make out much about timing issues. It is more of a mechanical problem than electronic anyways.

One thing I did notice is that your Actual A/F ratio and your Target A/F ratio are off by as much as 2 full points at some rpm levels.

I have noticed that in order to get the Buick to idle correctly I have had to set the A/F ratio to about 11.5 to 1. You are running 13.9 as a target and actual shows as high as 15.94. Very lean.

Good luck with the timing deal. We have all been there.

Back