You can type here any text you want

Timing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Shane

I tried to set my timing on my 1983 T-Type, and could not find the correct timing wrench. Anyone know what size it is?
Thanks,
Shane

It should be a 9/16, If you are using a socket you need a swivel.
It's hard to get to, don't forget to unplug the 4 wire and to disconnect the battery when you are done to reset the CC
THT
Jim

don't forget to unplug the 4 wire and to disconnect the battery when you are done to reset the CC
Huh? What does that mean? I know a bit about engines, but timing is a mystery to me. Thanks a lot.

It's not the wires on the front side of the HEI unit, it'S the wire's coming out from under it(drivers side front) back towards the carb on the passenger side of the HEI. It has to be unpluged to set the timing. When you have it set, plug it back in(turn car off first) then disconnect the battery to zero out the memory on the CC(at lease 10 secs)
reconnect the battery and start it up.
Ckeck out this site...Lot's of good stuff...http://www.flash.net/~rjgeorge/ And Welcome aboard :D

Jim

OK, that sounds easy enough, thanks. Now if only some MORON hadn't broken my windshield with a soccer ball today, things would be good. Don't let anyone tell you differently, Navy bases are full of STUPID people.

lol I think that all Services can say that :)...
Next time that I go to Charleston Air Force Base I'll try try to get some free time.

Back