You can type here any text you want

Tip in on a standard

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rickerbucks

I have been making fairly good progress on my tuning lately but one challenge remains and that is the results of the AFR just as I tip-in on the gas.

As I depress the gas, it will become a little lean, and then goes a little fat and then settles in. The correction moves to about +10% before setteling back to zero. On a standard are we to expect this lean/rich spike?

Now I have played around with the "AE vs tps rate of change" and that seems to have helped a little but I'm not sure what the "AE versus MAP rate of change" does. Currently my chart looks very weird but I'm not sure what it is suppose to look like and what the implications are to changing it.

Thanks for the "tip". :)

Check the 2nd page of "fast training" thread. It has a link to a manual I wrote. Sorry I don't have pics of the proper graph curve, because mine are not right.

Here is the link to the file.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/norbz/felpro.html

I don't have a standard, but I know I had to mess with tip in rpm & ~100kpa to help stumbling problems. I couldn't get the rate of change to do what I wanted. You can't record this to a log to see which part of the curve to correct, because this fuel is just dumped in immediately & not during normal fuel injector timing sequence.

"I don't have a standard, but I know I had to mess with tip in rpm & ~100kpa to help stumbling problems."

Sorry, I was talking about changing the VE table.

What all this means is.... how FAST you put your foot in it (TPS rate of change ), and how HARD (MAP rate of change).

Under mild accel MAP won't change much and TPS will move slowly, but when you go to grap a gear and put your foot in it, MAP will drop and TPS will increase rapidly. Changing these values in the AE tables will add (+) or subtract (-) fuel based upon your settings.

I printed out the manual that TroyK wrote and gave the link toin the previous post, it does help. FAST also has a manual that can be printed, posted at their website.

Troy very generously sent his manuelto me but I'm sorry, after having read it many times my eyes are glazing over.

Let me put it this way. The "AE vs TPS ROC"graph I can understand. Is the "AE vs MAP ROC" suppose to have a similar shape as well?

Back