You can type here any text you want

Tire dilemma

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quiky One

I ordered my MT 255/50/16 DR's from Summit back in late November. They were supposed to be here right before December 19th. To make a long story short, I now have ONE of the two tires and the date keeps getting pushed back. The last notification they sent me said it would be shipped February 22nd. No dice on that one. I need to have two new DR's by the beginning of May so I will be ready to roll for BG. The car will be run there in the TAI class.

So, what would all you guys do for tires? I need something that will fit without rubbing or modifying the suspension/body in anyway. I had BFG's on the car but wasn't too impressed and would like to try something new.

Opinions please!

Thanks Jason

I have a new set on my Mazda .. drove to the chassis shop with them .. thats it :rolleyes: I think you will be ok getting them before BG .. IF not give me a holler :p

I have 2 tires about as new as Grumpy's sitting in my garage. I do not need them until the end of the season. Let me know if you still need tires by BG time.

A buddy og mine with a big block 69' Chevelle (10 sec car) is now running the new Goodyear DR's and really likes them. I almost got them myself last year when I got my MT's but they just came out and didn't have a lot of sizes available yet. Not sure where you can get them though :frown:

P255/50-16 $169.00 26.0"

http://www.racegoodyear.com/pdf/2006_price_book/dot_drag.pdf

Scott

Well Summit called...the tires are pushed back until the end of June. So something is seriously wrong with MT. Will they ever be back? I have been reading a little bit on tires and according to the TAI class rules for both events I can pretty much run any tire I want as long as it is 29x10 or less.

So which ones should I get? Anyone have experience with either of the below posted tires?

Hoosier 17430 - Hoosier Quick Time Pro D.O.T. Tires - summitracing.com

Mickey Thompson 3792 - Mickey Thompson ET Street Tires - summitracing.com

Either of them will serve you well. I've got a set of the Mickey Thompsons like those I run on the street. I've put down several 1.43 60 foots with them at the track.:eek: They held better than the MT drag radials for me. I run 12psi. Let them wrinkle.;)

Dude. I have a set of M&H DOT cheater slicks with TTA rims and center caps for sale.....$300

LMK
Bo

Jason I would go to the MT street ETs like "Jicaju" said.. Lemme see if I have 16" tires that I can put back on the rims . Need the car to roll . Don't worry you will have something to go racing with!! ya I know ..time is ticking away :cool:

Dude. I have a set of M&H DOT cheater slicks with TTA rims and center caps for sale.....$300

LMK
Bo
That is a killer deal and I have already thought about it, but I already have a spare set of wheels and don't need two more.

Jason I would go to the MT street ETs like "Jicaju" said.. Lemme see if I have 16" tires that I can put back on the rims . Need the car to roll . Don't worry you will have something to go racing with!! ya I know ..time is ticking away :cool:
Alright. I'll just order those ET streets and call it done.

Thanks guys,

Jason

Ended up ordering the 26x10.5x16 ET streets and they were here two days later. Got them mounted and balanced today.
100_4140.jpg

100_4141.jpg

100_4142.jpg

Back