You can type here any text you want

tire height question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

Any reason why I should pick 50 height tires vs 60? I've heard that the lower the number, the better handling performance you will get out of your vehicle -is this true? Do the taller tires wear better? What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks!

Depends on your goal what are you going to do with the car?? Street Driving and want your speedo to stay in check you need to make sure the tire in the rear is 26" tall (Same as stock) Example 275/50/15 is stock 26" tall but 10" wide ;)

Hope this helps :D

I replied to your other post about tires. But, for street driving I'd stay with the 275/50's. The 275/60's are too tall and will cause the speedo to not be accurate. The 50's are lower profile and at the factory height so you dont have to worry about your speedo....they are just lots wider than factory! :)
I have 275/50's on my factory rear rims and don't need spacers for clearance. I've heard that some cars require a thin spacer, so if you go this route be sure you have the proper clearance before getting on it.

So 275/50 in the back and 235/60 in the front is the usual combo? the wider 50 is the same height as the narrower 60?

Back