You can type here any text you want

Tire OD variance question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

I was sizing up some compact spares, and realized that I'm not going to be able to find our exact size. There are a few close ones though. In your opinion, how much of an outside diameter difference can one get away with, while driving slowly for a few miles, without wasting the diff? What do you guys say?

When you say you found some spares that were close, what outside diameter were the compact spares you've found?

What was the measurements on the factory donut spare?

Personally i'd rather have a good full size spare that was at least a half or 3/4 tread life left used tire than be driving on a spare donut tire to make it home on or to a tire shop if it happens while one is still open.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'd rather have a full size spare too, but I like originality as much as possible, where I can get away with it. I thought the factory spare was the same outside diameter as the factory tire but I could be wrong. I'll have to measure it now. But the replacement from Khumo is .3 inches smaller. I was just wondering what that would do to a diff if driven for a while. I guess now I should just measure my spare and go from there

I know most donut spares are supposedly rated for upto 50 miles at 55mph, but i wouldnt want to necessarily trust a donut for that much distance to be honest especially on a TR.

Was that in tire height or smaller in circumference ?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Tire height. Will do some measuring tonight or tomorrow. Found a 27 " spare. Will see what's up seeing as how I may end up with 27" tires any way lol

Back