You can type here any text you want

tire size and brand

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
87 GN with OEM wheels.

What are the widest front and rear tire sizes that'll fit on these OEM wheels and in the factory wheel wells without rubbing under normal driving conditions?

Any recommended brands and types for street and occasional strip duty? I want the car to handle the corners, and also hook reasonably well off the line while following one of the 11 second recipe's.

Tim

Use the search function, there is a new thread every week asking about the widest tire you can cram on a stock wheel. Something like 235 275.

If you want to run 11's and handle with the same tires, on stock GN wheels, here is your only hope:

235/60 fronts and 255/60 MT DR's in back. 235/60 DR's wouldn't handle too bad, but are too short to run consistant 11's for my tastes.

275's in back will rub the frame in high G cornering situations and promote more understeer than a 255/60. People seem to think 275/50's make a T/R handle better, but I've found they make the car not want to turn in.

If I was going to autocross a GN, with stock wheels and had to chose between 275/50's and 255/60's, I'd go with the 255/60.

Thanks.
After reading this and other threads on the topic I'll probably go 225 or 235 up front and 255 rear.

Thanks.
After reading this and other threads on the topic I'll probably go 225 or 235 up front and 255 rear.

Sounds good. A lot of guys go for the 275s in back but like UNGN said, it just doesn't work well in certain situations. If you really want wide tires, get bigger rims and mount them properly. If you really want to keep the stock look, go to gbodyparts.com and you can get wider stock rims.

235-60-R15's if you plan to rotate them. I ran 245's for a set all around but they did scrub some on lock to lock turns.

Does any one know where I can pick up a set of BF Goodrich Comp TA's 245/60/15??? They tell me the Comp TA's are discontinued but I am looking for a wider set for the rear of my GN.
Any help,
Ray

Back