You can type here any text you want

Tire size for GTA wheels?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

workinonit

87 Astro roof GN
A question for you guys that are running GTA rims. I have a set of 4 fronts I will be running on stock brakes and suspension. What size tires would be a good fit that will look agressive and not rub. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

I don't have a good street pic yet, but you get the idea. Just put those sizes on mine with a 255\50 R16 MT Street Radial out back. They fit perfect.

Attachments

• DSC00825 (Large).jpg
    DSC00825 (Large).jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 319
Perfect! Thanks for the speedy responses.
I thought I read somewhere that the GNX's had the fender flares installed to accomodate bigger tires. But if that is what you guys are running with no issues, that is good enough for me! Thanks again, Mike

Perfect! Thanks for the speedy responses.
I thought I read somewhere that the GNX's had the fender flares installed to accomodate bigger tires. But if that is what you guys are running with no issues, that is good enough for me! Thanks again, Mike

Yeah, that's the "official" reason they give for the fender flares, but none of us have issues running 255s on a regular GN. Some guys even run much larger tire sizes.

Here's my ride with those tire sizes:

car5.gif

Thanks Black Metal and WLDWST, you both have very nice cars and have been a great help. Thanks to all!!

Here's a couple of different angles with 245's all around on GTA fronts.

Attachments

• abc pics 038.jpg
    abc pics 038.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 322
  • abc pics 039.jpg
    abc pics 039.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 324
can you use the size that came on the t/a? weren't they 275-50-16? thats the size i had on my 89 fomula w/the ws6 package

275-50-15 on GTA fronts on the rear of a TR?

can you use the size that came on the t/a? weren't they 275-50-16? thats the size i had on my 89 fomula w/the ws6 package
I would love to know this too! Also if anyone HAS 275-50-15 tires on the rear of there TR using the GTA fronts, What does it take to make them fit nice? This is the size I want on mine! Please help! The search was just too much for me to bear! :biggrin:

Scot W.

275s should fit just fine with these wheels, there's enough guys cramming 275s onto the stock 7" wide GN wheels, even. The only issue might be having the space the wheels out further from the frame, because those GTA wheels really sit "tucked in". Compare the picture of my car above to the ones of S1NISTER's car and you'll see a big difference, I have thick wheel adapters/spacers, needed them because my wheels are a different bolt pattern, but it also helps to space the wheels out from under the body.

275s should fit just fine with these wheels, there's enough guys cramming 275s onto the stock 7" wide GN wheels, even. The only issue might be having the space the wheels out further from the frame, because those GTA wheels really sit "tucked in". Compare the picture of my car above to the ones of S1NISTER's car and you'll see a big difference, I have thick wheel adapters/spacers, needed them because my wheels are a different bolt pattern, but it also helps to space the wheels out from under the body.
I have 255-50-16's on there now (NO SPACERS) and I can't fit my fingers between the frame & tire :eek:

So, If you were to go to a 275-50-16 what spacer would you run?

ALSO: I assume I will have to go to longer studs! What size should those be so I can still use the lug nut caps?

Thanks!
Scot W.

has anyone used 225/45r16 on the front rims? I'm trying to pick a good front tire setup for the GTA right now. Unfortunately they dont make a BFG KDW with the new tread pattern in a bigger 16 inch size.

Back