You can type here any text you want

tires

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oliver12

Looking for new tires. Need some wider for the rear maybe 245/60-15 or should I go with 235/60 all the way around. Stock runs. What is everyone else running ?

255-60-15 for the stock rim in the back looks really good to me. I run 275-60-15's in the back, but it's on an aftermarket 8"rim. I think 255 is the widest you want to go on the stock steel rim.

thanks not sure if i want different size tires , for the rear and front just for rotating purposes.

i THInk 235's is the biggest you can go on the front. I shoved 265/50s on mine but it rubbed on full lock

You have to decide if you want traction or even wear on all four tires. I like the bigger tires in back with some traction!

I would probably go with 235/60 all the way around on stock wheels. You'd be a little wider than stock, about the same height and have a period correct look to the car with the benefit of being able to rotate them.
As noted, if you really do want to go wider, I wouldn't go wider than 255 on the back.

205 75 15's on the front and 295 55 15's on the rear on 10 in rims with 4.5 BS

I run 255-60's on my 15x7" rims, I think it looks good with this tire size. It is 1" taller then stock by the way,

I would say it all depends on your power level. If you have a low 12 sec or better car, You will never get any traction with the same size tires on the front and rear because you can't get traction unless you have tires on the back that are bigger than what you can fit on the front.
As mentioned in my post above, I just went from 275 60 15 Nittos to the new 295 55 15 M/T ET Street Radials to try and get street traction.
But you are also limited to a size choice if you stick with stock rims.

Back