Titan Darin's new 6spd setup for his Supra.

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
Copied from Supraforums.com~

Everyone has been going faster and faster with their 6 speed cars lately. I knew the only way to keep up would be for me to update my setup, which I originally built with the intention of running 9s and no more than 1000hp! haha.

I made a lot of changes, one of the major changes being weight reduction. I took out a ton of weight, and that has made a huge difference. Unfortunately, the car is no longer a street car, at least by my definition. No a/c no, power steering, radio, drivers seat only, etc. I do still have the stock dash, front carpet and door panels.

The engine was also updated appropriately for the power levels I will be making. I want to thank Nero at Titan for getting the machine work done on the block and cylinder head exactly how I wanted it, and also for working with JE to develop a badass piston for me. Things were slowed down significantly due to the holidays, but I am very happy with how everything turned out.

I also want to thank Mike Vig, from VigTec fabrication. He made my new intake manifold for me and it came out amazing! He made it exactly how I wanted and it fits and looks perfect!

I have switched over to Methanol fuel with this setup. I believe it is a better choice for what I am using this car for and for the power level. It also ends up being about half the cost of running my car on VP Import, which is a big plus!

I took the car to the local test and tune on wednesday just to get some shakedown passes done with the car. I changed a lot on the car and just wanted to make sure everything was right before I go all out. I am pretty happy with how everything worked except the transmission. I had major issues with shifting the transmission, I wasn't able to get into 3rd gear all night and had to shift slow into 2nd as well. I think either I'm getting air in the clutch line or this transmission which is BRAND NEW, is just a piece of junk. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and figure it out. I will be going back out on Saturday to South Georgia Motorsports Park.

Here is a video of my first launch with the new setup. It was a 1.31 60' :) then I had a hard time getting into 2nd and then couldn't get it into 3rd. So it's not a good video but at least it's something :) The other 2 passes were about the same, low 1.30s 60fts with gear change problems..I will say the car feels waaaaay faster than before, it wants to rocket to 10k, where as before it would start to fall off at about 8200.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41pzr47qHc[/YOUTUBE]

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

-Darin

This thing should be wicked!:cool: :biggrin: