to clone or not to clone

Have a 5,450 Org GN hardtop

I wouldn't touch it. If it is like mine leave it alone.There where 547 gnx's.granted.But how many GN are really low mileage cars,which is why I think you should show it as a GN. Also the cost to change the car.Someone earlier. Pointed out the cost factor.A real GNX dash. I've seen once in 07.
It's your car your call. Leave it as mint as possible.....HTH...Rob

if you guys are saying it is up to him, why are people so mas about the guy who twin turbo his gnx with a small block? It your car you paid for it do as you please. When you go to sell it you will find out if cloneing it was worth it. I have a 87 gn that is no were close to stock it was the blue and black one in the center fold of gm high tech two years ago, I will get more for the car that way than stock. Lets be truthful to our selves everything is for sale for the right price.

I'm not in the "mad" camp. Hey, if someone wants to destroy a piece of automotive history (in the case of the GNX) that's on him--at least he kept the original parts and, as others have mentioned, it doesn't appear that he's hacked up any metal that would prohibit restoration back to a stock GNX.

The issue to me is all about representing a car honestly when it's time to sell. I'll be out in Scottsdale next week at Barrett-Jackson, RM, R&S and Silver. Collecting original or restored to original cars is my thing--others go for the flash of a Plumb Crazy Mopar recreation without a fender tag that could have been brown with a slant six in it back when new. To each there own! :smile:

I vote for cloning.

Cars are for enjoying, not worrying about value for the next guy. live in the now. You cant take it with you..