You can type here any text you want

To extend or not to extend...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DEL

I loaned my MAF to a friend who had some problems with his car. It fixed his problem and now he wants to buy my MAF :eek:

I had thought about getting a MAF translator anyway. So here's the question...my ultimate goal is (of course) 11.50's. Will the extender or the 3.5" MAF help me get there?

If not I'm inclined to go for the plain old translator and 3" MAF.

Its been so long since I've bought anything for the Buick I'm afraid to jump without some advice
:confused:

No, No Dave. You got it ALL wrong....guys like ME ask the questions and guys like YOU answer the questions! WTF?
Just Kidding Buddy!

extender and translator +

I have both set ups. I really like the chip for the lean cruise. It has a little learning curve but I still like it. If you also want to beable to read codes you can not do that with the extender chip. I have a spare chip for that anyways no big deal. I really like the translator plus and the extender chip they both work out great on my car. What do I know I am only running 13.4 in a 3000lb car.
LOL

Dave, if you're going to go with a translator setup, then go all the way and get the T+, 3.5" MAF and Extender chip. You gain so much tunability with it that it'll make you head spin.

IMHO, I wouldn't go with just the minimum, either do all or none as the Extender chip is the key to the whole T+ system.

As you can tell by my sig I like this system, which is why I have it on two of my cars.

Re: extender and translator +

Originally posted by volvoman
I have both set ups. I really like the chip for the lean cruise. It has a little learning curve but I still like it. If you also want to beable to read codes you can not do that with the extender chip. I have a spare chip for that anyways no big deal. I really like the translator plus and the extender chip they both work out great on my car. What do I know I am only running 13.4 in a 3000lb car.
LOL

You can read the codes with the extender chip. It all depends if you option to purchase the fast sampling rate in which you would lose certain codes. I opted not to and I can still read all the codes just fine with my scanmaster.

Dannyo

i can read codes with my DS.
the trans + and extender chip are great, one of the best investments ive made.
It really give you alot of control. I like being able to change where i lock my converter up etc... it truly is a great piece

PS i went with the 3inch LT1 MaF, so i could reuse my hoses and clamps.

Good there are some T+ veterans here. I'll be purchasing the extender chip soon (already aquired a T+, and a LS-1 MAF). If I'm using direct scan what sampling option do I want too choose? I am going to use the stock waste gate with modified actuator. Looking for 20 psi from most likely a PT-51, 52,or 53 (depending on which I can find a deal on). Do I want to choose the 100%/95% option for the waste gate percentage? Vehicle will have alky system, mild engine mods, and a loose convertor.

T+ is not for the TTA in sig, it's for my next project. I'm hooked on these turbo buicks! I've done so much reading here ever since I bought TTA last year. Pretty soon I will only need a small block Chevy to tow my car too the track.

ever thougth of doing a hybrid :)

You would have so much more fun with one of these motors in a datsun or rx7...

Thanks for the advice guys...I'll start shopping...good advice Clayton...I like the GO BIG OR GO HOME philosophy too. :)

Back