You can type here any text you want

Tons of engine parts - Almost brand new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Threegpsi

Hello everyone. I know it is not the best thing for a new member to post in the sale section. I am not new to car forums one bit, just to this one.

I am on many of the LX (Magnum, Charger and 300) forums.

I have came here today for some help. A buddy of mine (My business partner) was cleaning out his garage and found some old Grand National parts. Well I say old, but they look brand new. He knows they are from a GN in the mid 80's. He also knows that they are all factory parts.

He has the following:
Exhaust manifolds
Intake manifolds
Fuel injectors and rail
Turbo unit
Valve covers

We are going to sell the items but have no idea what they are worth in today's market. Any feedback would be great and/or offers.

I also know that in any online enviorment there are people who take advantage of others. I also know that me being a new member will raise some questions.

I invite you to hit any LX forum that I am on (PM me for a list, there are about 8), I use the same screen name as I have joined here with, check me out.

We did do a quick ebay search and here is what we have found - I am not sure how close we are on these so feel free to make offers and let me know if I am too high/low on the items.

Turbo - $400
Complete intake manifold (Upper and lower) with Throttle Body/Sensors - $300
Exhaust Manifolds - $250
Valve Covers (Pair) - $50
Fuel Rail and Injectors - $200
Harmonic Balancer - $50
Crank Pulley - $50

For the total lot - $1,100

Here are some pics, please give us some feedback on prices and if you have any interest shoot me a PM

101_0309.jpg

101_0304.jpg

101_0300.jpg

101_0287.jpg

Open to offers here, also I am not 100% sure on the prices, so if we are off base please let me know.

Here are some pics, please give us some feedback on prices and if you have any interest shoot me a PM

101_0309.jpg

I’ve probably seen a couple dozen intakes; and don’t remember one having an EGR path like this one. Do you or anyone else know anything about it?

Thanks,

Joe

Yeah that is weird...:confused:

The outlet of the turbo looks like a hotair unit.

The passenger side header doesn't look factory...

I saw the header & Intake also. Looks like 86/87 parts but has some different & unique features. It may be some early 86 proto type stuff. Also look at the fuel rail...it's necked down in rear just like an 84/85 but has the same shrader valve as the 86/87's

Funny you mention proto parts.

I have recieved a few PM's saying that some of the parts did not look normal. I asked my buddy and he says that due to the plants being so close to him in Michigan. GM was always donating parts to the school. There were never any parts bought aftermarket. Everything was given directly from GM to the school.

We did find a "84" stamp in the intake manifold

And the tag on the Fuel rail injectors says "Mean Jean" or to that effect.

There are some hand-engraved numbers on the valve covers with a blueing dye. I would guess these are proto-type parts

2352347C___9-26-21

The underscore is not actually in the engraving but there to show the spacing. Not sure if it makes sense, but that is what is on the valve cover.

Lower intake manifold -

1. What I would call an EGR valve has a hand engraved number from "Rochester Products" - 25358 is hand engraved

2. Some sensor is hand welded into the front of the manifold

3. 9-6-84 is cast into the manifold

4. 10-16-4 is wrote on the manifold in a yellow oil based marker

Fuel Lines -

1. Mean Jean is clear as day in the tag

2. 51 or SIE 24154 is hand written in the tag

Hmmm strange...Do we have any gm engineers on the board to shed light on the strangeness of these parts?

Bump fpr you.......

I'd say that if they are indeed prototype parts, which it appears they are, your best bet will be either Richard Clark or Dennis Kirban. They like to collect stuff like this, but oddly enough, prototype stuff might actually be worth less money than production stuff. BUT i'd bet at least one of them would make you an offer on all of it. Good luck. Hate to see it all split up if it's off a proto engine......

Back