Took a friend for a ride in the turbo regal

whitehot1

My buddy is an engine builder here in this area and has been for quite some time. He does a lot of the circle track,drag,street racer engines. He built my short block thats in the car now. So he knows there is nothing special in it,stock bottom end with a CompCams roller cam that he degreed in and thats it,i installed the GN1 heads/roller rockers and the rest of the assembly and installed the engine and did the tuning. Well i was up visiting and asked if he wanted to take a ride in it, so he could see how good of a job i thought he did.

The car is set up pretty good and has good traction even with regular 255/15 street radial tires nothing special and boost set at 22 psi running on 93/meth alkycontrol.

I didn't do a dead stop takeoff just a few short wot runs while going down the road. But he was impressed with the performance of the the little v6, he said he was sold on the power that the engine was putting out and compared it to a big block ford (he is a ford guy) with a progressive nitrous kit installed. He said he could feel the tires just on the verge of breaking loose when i was in the throttle right before i let off of it. Another comment he made was about the turbo and how it just kept pulling harder the faster the car went and not showing any signs of slowing down right up to when i let off the throttle,the turbo is a Precision GT6776s with .84 housing. I took that as a very good compliment coming from him. We talked about the car before and i told him for the ignition system i was using a BWD coil pack,Autozone ignition module/plug wires,NGK iridium plugs nothing special.

Yup....these little 6's make big blocks blush.
I have a ZZ502 in my 68 Camaro, and my GN will completely walk it...:D