You can type here any text you want

Took down an SRT-10 Ram

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BuickMike231

60% of the time, it works every time.
I went racing this weekend at an event held on an airport runway. There was no timing equipment, it was just heads-up grudge match style, which was pretty fun. My car's pretty much stock with the exception of the bigger exhaust (in college, have no money) so I lost some and won some. A guy in an SRT-10 Ram lined up with me and I really didn't know what to expect, since it's a truck, but it's got the Viper engine and tranny in it. Coming off the line we were dead even into 2nd. Once we both got into 2nd, I started pulling on him and by the end I got him by a nice gap. I was pretty pumped about it since even though it's a truck, it's still got a 505 cubic inch motor with 500 hp and I'm mostly stock! I've got video of it too but I've still got to get it onto my computer, I'll post it up as soon as I can!

Hey Mike, Was this in CT?? Man, I would have liked to have gone. The GN is still in the body shop, but I still would have gone. Would love to go next year!!

Ken B.

Hey guys, video is posted in the video section along with one of my runs from an auto-x! This was not in CT, it was in Clarion, PA. I'm in Erie, PA for school right now and I'm not sure if they do stuff like this in CT. Most of it is at actual tracks and what not. Hope you guys like the video!

Quickbuick

Hey Ken, the Challenger should be done really soon!!! I saw it again a few days ago and it looks awesome!!!!!!

Hey Ken, the Challenger should be done really soon!!! I saw it again a few days ago and it looks awesome!!!!!!

:biggrin: Let me know when it's done and i'll come over to check it out!! Thanks again............................Ken B.

ditto, I got one a while back on a roll in 86 GN LOW boost (12psi)and had a couple of lengths w/o any problem. VERY over rated truck.

Hummm

I would love to take out the entire SRT lineup! Good Kill! I beat up on an SRT Jeep a while back. I love my stock car.;)

They are supposedly designed for top speed rather than raw 1/4 mile times, that being said they are a very heavy vehicle for the power it makes, I'm wanting to say that they curb at something like 5500lbs. I've heard that you have to swap brakes on the back to be able to fit a set of slicks to one (smaller wheels) but dunno how true that is.

Yeah I've heard they're really doggy off the line too. Pretty funny though, the guy asked me afterwards if I wanted to run again but the free runs were over like 10 minutes later so we didn't have time to.

Back