You can type here any text you want

Torq Thrust II wheels : stud length

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tom h

Anyone having American Racing Torq Thrust II wheels , will the '87 stock stud length conform to NHRA rules for "stud must thread into hex portion of lugnut by at least 1 stud diameter" ?

I don't have the wheels on-hand to measure. I'm reassembling the iron drum brakes and it would be easier to install longer studs now, if required.

I took a quick measurement on my Torque thrusts. The wheel mounting surface is approx 3/4'" thick. I think you may need longer studs. Let me know what you decide as i would like to take my car to the track with my Torque thrusts. What type of open end lugnuts do you plan on using ?

yes, if 3/4" thick, that does seem marginal with stock studs.

ARP makes a 2.5" long stud I may use (stock is about 1.5").

I believe the Torq Thrust wheels use tapered seat nuts (not shank-style), Yes ??

Gorilla makes some nice looking, chromed open-end nuts; also make extra-long nuts, if one wants to keep the studs covered (but would make NHRA inspections a hassle).

Yes, they do use a conical seat lug nut. 3/4 is a little on the heavy side as there is a machined round area for socket clearance.

Back