You can type here any text you want

Torque Arm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Here's the thing: few people really understand what makes a car handle poorly. So you are just proposing another solution to question that wasn't asked.

Offering a 3-link system to a guy who is unhappy with the dump truck-like handling of his 80s barge is going to be hit or miss at best. In my case I have had the opportunity to actively race a G-body, a 3rd Gen Camaro and 4th Gen Camaro; so I know the benefits the 3-link provides over the horrible factory 4-link in the G-body. However, this does nothing to improve the nearly unsolvable understeering condition the G-body platform suffers from. Fix that without extensive fabrication (ala Art Morrison) and then you'll have a hot product on your hands.

Regardless, if you do build this just keep throwing around words like pro-touring, Corvette, rails, bolt-on, etc and people will probably buy your 3-link system.

We are also working on the front suspension as well,
We also own ATS American Touring Specialities, you may have heard about the AFX spindles. well that is the key peice to the front suspension it fixes the Ackerman problem as well as the bump steer and dractically improves the Camber Curve, plus has the C5 Corvette Hub and brakes are a bolt on. only draw back it that 17" wheels are required. I know alot of GN guys don't want to change from the 15" but hey we are talking about improving the car and keeping 15" wheels is not an improvement.

We also will have a true coil over conversion for the front and rear and adjustable rear sway bar to help tune the under/oversteer.

i think Baer makes a brake kit for the AFX spindle that allows keeping most stock 15" wheels, so that problem is solved..

why not just become a sponsor here so you don't need to worry about stepping on any toes when you ask questions like this? a lot of other companies are sponsors, so there must be a decent return on investment..

i will inquire about that option.

FYI the company that makes the brakes for 15" wheels is SSBC but i dont think they will work on the Factory GN wheel, if i remember a guy on Lateral-g dit it and the wheels wouldn't fit with out a 1/4 spacer.???? don't quaot me on that

Back