You can type here any text you want

Torque Converter Install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

I finally ran across a deal on a Vig! Got a single disk, 3400 stall, #6 pump fresh from a rebuild at Precision and never reinstalled [this ought to wake the ol' ride up! :eek:]. Any tips or tricks to installing one? I'll be replacing the Transcrafter's Orange Stripe, but do I need to do any other mods like the LU tube, input shaft chk ball, etc?

With the tranny out, I can finally finish installing the PTS pressure regulator assembly [in the car, on my back, getting a fluid bath, I could only make the top valve and spring fit :mad:]. It should go much smoother on the bench.

TIA!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

C'mon guys! I've got this thing hanging by a bolt! It'll be out when my son gets home from work, and hopefully back in by tomorrow, so SPEAK UP my friends!

Hey S-10xGN try your post on the transmission section.:) Might get a quicker response.

Thanks, somebody moved it for me! Was in a hurry as usual. Any responses now will prolly be too late... :( Tranny goes in tomorrow morning, so tell me the bad news and maybe I'll pull it.

Oh, at least tell me what a #6 pump means! That's what is in this converter.

Back