You can type here any text you want

Torque strap for TTA???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cabech984

Who sells an engine torque strap for the TTA? Or is it the same as the GN strap? I have an 87 GN engine in my 90 Firebird and am getting some knock that may be false due to a big DP and a worn pass side engine mount. Thanks!!

Who sells an engine torque strap for the TTA? Or is it the same as the GN strap? I have an 87 GN engine in my 90 Firebird and am getting some knock that may be false due to a big DP and a worn pass side engine mount. Thanks!!

Should be the same as the GN one.
I bought both of mine from Full throttle, I don't seem to recall them being TTA specific

My Brother made this, it's worked great. easy to hook up. design is simple. picks...
engineAnchor_89_turbo_Trans.jpg

motor052007-3.jpg

My Brother made this, it's worked great. easy to hook up. design is simple. picks...
engineAnchor_89_turbo_Trans.jpg

motor052007-3.jpg

Do you get a lot of vibrations with that setup as there is no rubber bushings or similar. Also where did you buy that type of turn buckle?

Do you get a lot of vibrations with that setup as there is no rubber bushings or similar. Also where did you buy that type of turn buckle?

No vibrations, rubber gromet in on the altanator link side. It's hard to see in the picture. He found all the turnbuckle parts at lowes and fabricated the piece that bolts to the shock tower. It's very similiar to a kit that I saw sold at a vendor in Bowling Green several years ago. It's easy to set up and is solid.

Thats a cool setup, I may look into that. Does that mess w/ the alignment any? It is pulling on the strut right?

Thats a cool setup, I may look into that. Does that mess w/ the alignment any? It is pulling on the strut right?

I haven't had any issues with it. Some people use a tie down strap connected to the same way, not pointing down but over. turbotransam.com had a thread that showed it a while back. may post a thread there inquiring as to what others are doing.

I haven't had any issues with it. Some people use a tie down strap connected to the same way, not pointing down but over. turbotransam.com had a thread that showed it a while back. may post a thread there inquiring as to what others are doing.

Heck yes!! I picked up the parts for it today @ Lowes. $6 for the stainless steel turnbuckle, $1.55 for an eye bolt. I have some 1/8" Flat stock already so saved some cash there!!! I'll slap her together tomorrow!!

Heck yes!! I picked up the parts for it today @ Lowes. $6 for the stainless steel turnbuckle, $1.55 for an eye bolt. I have some 1/8" Flat stock already so saved some cash there!!! I'll slap her together tomorrow!!

Which section at Lowes can I find them at? I'll pick some up when I'm out in Tx later next month ....

Back