Toyota Tundra is faster'n a GN

Warp Six

Enginerd
Just saw one of those Toyota commercials w/ Darrell Waltrip during the Bristol race. Cops are chasing a GN, but can't catch him. Waltrip (in a stock Tundra), with one of those Starsky-and-Hutch-style magnetic beacons on his roof, passes the cops AND the GN. :eek:

That's it... I'm sellin' the GN, and pickin' up wonna dem super-fast 'Yodas! :cool:

I saw that too......

The ad where he does brodies on the guys lawn was pretty funny.......

I don't know about this one....

No toyota thundras are not faster than a GN, its only a commercial guys, the GN was a look alike V8 that was made for the shoot, not a real GN the real GN was never fired during commercial..

V8 or not, it's made to look like a GN.

Just a pathetic attempt by a Ricer Company to try and act like they have something. Sadly just so typical, and worse yet some of the unbathed will probably see it as true.

Originally posted by bruce

Just a pathetic attempt by a Ricer Company to try and act like they have something. Sadly just so typical, and worse yet some of the unbathed will probably see it as true.

OMG that's great Bruce!!! :D :D :D I could not have said it better myself! :p

NOBODY saw the GNX on the Toyota Commercial today?

I cannot believe I am the first to post this. Well, I guess I am not. LOL
During the NASCAR race today they have a new Toyota commercial with Darrell Waltrip chasing a GNX with a Toyota Truck!
Nobody saw this but me? Obviously yes, as the thread is here
I stopped it on TIVO and it has GNX badging.
I find that hard to believe, that it was a GNX!

Bruce
WE4

Wasn't that car recently on E-bay for sale? I think it was a blue Regal they fixed up to look like a GNX.

This commercial could be profitable. I'm going to make some $$$ off of some Tundra owners this weekend. :D

Yah, if you watch the commercial carefully, you can see how ratty it is. I think it has an 83 header panel on it, mismatching paint and the GNX badge on the back.

Pretty funny stuff. I was just starting to fall asleep when I saw that. I almost fell asleep again until Kurt Busch did that head-on. OUCH.

I like the commercials they are running with DW. Didn't see the "GNX" one yet though. I like the one where "he's gonna take his father-in-law fishing. I got one of those sloppy dogs next to his FIL.

If you watch closely, it also has GNX fender louvers.......AND STILL got caught by a Tudra.....w.t.f...lol.

Originally posted by bruce

Nah, those people are out buying "hemi" rams :rolleyes:

I dont know I saw a Tundra run some 12.60's stock. Oh I forgot that was in the eigth.:D

41_12_sb.JPG

Yup, I recoginze that GNX motor ANYWHERE!!!! lol