TPS only 4.1 at WOT

jdhogg1

87 GN hardtop
If I set my tps to .44 at idle, I can only get 4.1 at WOT. I've reset the IAC, put another TPS (new) on and have 5 reference volts. I can get 4.6, but only if I set idle to .88v.

Do I need one of those TPS TEC things from Casper's?

Remove your TV Cable and see if that is preventing from achieving the correct setting. If not, then you will have to open up the slots you have on either side of the TPS so you can get more reading. You do not need the TPS Tech.

Good Luck.
Joe

Do you have a bigger TB?

If yes, or even no. Just take a dremel tool and make the holes where the screws go longer. We had this problem on my friends car with a Steve Monroe TB.

-Adam

If I set my tps to .44 at idle, I can only get 4.1 at WOT. I've reset the IAC, put another TPS (new) on and have 5 reference volts. I can get 4.6, but only if I set idle to .88v.

Do I need one of those TPS TEC things from Casper's?

Do you have floormats? If so, check for those obstructing the pedal from going all the way down. I had the same problem and had to remove my floormat to get to 4.8

A TPS reading of 4.1v is considered WOT by the computer. Getting it to read higher will not really achieve anything. As long as the throttle is opening wide open you won't gain anything. If you really need a higher reading for piece of mind check to make sure the floor mat isn't restricting the movement on your gas pedal as mentioned above. You could also pull forward on your TPS when adjusting it. That will increase the full scale range slightly.

A TPS reading of 4.1v is considered WOT by the computer. Getting it to read higher will not really achieve anything. As long as the throttle is opening wide open you won't gain anything. If you really need a higher reading for piece of mind check to make sure the floor mat isn't restricting the movement on your gas pedal as mentioned above. You could also pull forward on your TPS when adjusting it. That will increase the full scale range slightly.

+1

Read here:
Tuning