You can type here any text you want

TPS setting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

My scanmaster instructions say that my TPS at idle should be 42-46. Mine is reading 48. How do I adjust this setting? Sorry for being stupid.

:D

Thanks,

its pretty easy to adjust the TPS setting. The tps adjustment is on the passenger side of the throttle body. Loosen the top screw and try to get it between .42-.46. turn your scanmaster so u can see it while u adjust, or have a friend watch it in the car. After you get the first setting, you need to have a 4.20 or great at WOT, easiest way is have someone sit in the car and floor it while the car is off. U should be able to adjust it without much trouble, I have heard some can be tricky, but its only two screws :)

good luck!

~Murt

Actually loosen both screws and push the TPS sensor as far forward torwards the front of the car as it will go. Then while pushing it forward adjust it to read .42-.44..tho the books will say .38-.46 at idle. Lock it down with both screws..Next with the ign on, car not running mash the pedal and you should have at least 4.6 volts. Anything above 4.5 is acceptable, I have mine at 4.7x . You can get 5volts tho, but it will give a TPS error code if you set it to 5 volts.

HTH

Julio

BTW if you mess with your throttle position screw, the TPS will go out of adjustment.

OK, while I'm asking stupid questions.........just installed my scanmaster, so this is why I'm asking.

On my O2 readings, do I take the readings at idle, with just the key on, at WOT.....what? My car is knocking pretty quickly with 93 octane. Somethings up.

Dont pay attention to O2's that much unless your at WOT. But you cannot go to WOT unless your not knocking.

Arent you glad to have that scanmaster tell you your knocking..this is why I get so pushy on the scantool.

Your fuel pressure,chip timing, something is cuasing your problem. Can help but need more data. If your still on the stock chip, that may be a reason.

Keep your foot out of it till you get that knock squared away..else the bottom end will get ruined on your motor in short order.

You have my email, hollar at me if ya need help.. Ok?

Julio

Back