You can type here any text you want

TPS Settings for FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
Can someone tell me the averages of the Idle and the WOT for the TPS Sensor?
I am running a Ford TPS with a 90mm TB so I am set at 18% at Idle
and 85% at WOT. I cannot get any higher at WOT.

Thanks

I think that sensor is still 0-5v like the GM one. If so you will have to manually rotate the sensor like you would a stocker. To my knowledge classic fast does not have a manual calibration like the xfi does, 0v= 0% and 5v=100%.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That does not give me the answer I need to know.

What was the answer ? Curious

You are fine. Idle% isn't critical unless it's way, way off. WOT needs to go over 80% for clear flood

Over 80% the cooling fan will shut off also, which I don;t like...

DO you like to go down the track with the cooling fan off all the way?

DO you like to go down the track with the cooling fan off all the way?

Well for a lot of us that's <10 seconds anyway so what does it matter..
Sorry, couldn't help the smart ass response, Norbs, you gotta stop giving us the ammo.
AG

Norbs,
Why do you think this is a problem? Nearly all my customers log coolant temp. I have NEVER seen an issue because the fan is turning off. FAST intentionally turns the fan off to insure adequate voltage to pump, injectors, etc.. if you are having a problem use one of the aux outputs or on a classic, wire in a switch.
The amount of airflow the fan is going to pull across the radiator is insignificant compared to what is being shoved across it at over 100mph. That more than makes up for the short spool up time.

I do recall doing some back to back testing on this years ago , and the car was constantly slighty faster with the fans on, rather than off. It maybe due to the fact I spend a lot of time trying to spool on the line, putting heat into the intercooler and engine.

Norbs,
Why do you think this is a problem? Nearly all my customers log coolant temp. I have NEVER seen an issue because the fan is turning off. FAST intentionally turns the fan off to insure adequate voltage to pump, injectors, etc.. if you are having a problem use one of the aux outputs or on a classic, wire in a switch.
The amount of airflow the fan is going to pull across the radiator is insignificant compared to what is being shoved across it at over 100mph. That more than makes up for the short spool up time.

I never noticed because I still haven't gone pass the 1/2 throttle with this Motor on the Street.

Back