You can type here any text you want

TR custom parts ALKY overlay panel issues

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Tonight has not been the best evening hooking up electrical items.. So I purchased the alky overly panel from Mark. When you take apart the alky control box and install the switches and the test switch there is literally no room or slack for the wiring to get inserted into the face plate. I tried very carefully to place all this wiring into the face plate...then iIl be damned....the freaking wires come loose. I have a message into Julio to get a new panel, but id like to be able to figure out which wires, and resistors go where. I may be able to fix. ugh....nothing electrical is planning out as expected this week.

I just removed the guts from the Alkycontrol box and relocated the wiring to where I wanted it. Then attached it to the TR overlay and stuck it in place. I did have to do a little trimming but not much. Mine goes where the twilight sentinel would have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing that makes me want to vomit is when I know I have to do electrical work.:vomit: I just f'n hate it! You would think for as much as I have done I would be used to it by now. I'm not.

Anyway, I didn't take my control box apart. After I ruined the green/red led light, I had to call Julio to replace it. After that I decided to install the controll box in the Indicator light display area as is. Figured I can't hurt anything that way.

If you zoom closely, you can see the control box, and you can see were TR Custom parts supplied me with a printed panel in the dash display for the 3 alky indicator lights. All and all, it came out pretty
Picture 010.jpg
cool. I moved the right hand factory idiot lights to the left with jumpers off the printed circuit panel.

NY, that looks like the cockpit of a damned air plane lol...holy switches....

WB87, I did remove the guts, that was the easy part. But once you remove the guts and put them into the face plate one wire with the resistor came off....then the damn unit wont turn on anymore either. I didnt fry anything as I still have 12v at the PAC box, and the fuse is good.

As for electrical work....yea....I really am starting to despise. Dont get me started on power logger current wiring instructions for analog I/O that are not right, as well as TR6 instructions for hot air cars....that are non existent.

i wanted to do the hueffman overlay for my 87x gnx dash but kirban didnt have them on the shelf with rear def and mirror .
so i just laid the alky plate on my bezel marked and drilled the holes , no issues getting the controller guts in and i really dont need the lettering, i know what is what ,
I also drilled and put the red /green led near it because i didnt want to run a pillar pod (bottom corner so i can see it )

Attachments

• 1022141022b.jpg
    1022141022b.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 268
yea, that is good to know there wasnt any issues with others moving the guts...my issue must have been by chance......and maybe a little bad luck....lol

alky dash cluster 082.jpg
alky wires 003.jpg
alky dash cluster 089.jpg
[
alky dash cluster 082.jpg
alky wires 003.jpg

Tonight has not been the best evening hooking up electrical items.. So I purchased the alky overly panel from Mark. When you take apart the alky control box and install the switches and the test switch there is literally no room or slack for the wiring to get inserted into the face plate. I tried very carefully to place all this wiring into the face plate...then iIl be damned....the freaking wires come loose. I have a message into Julio to get a new panel, but id like to be able to figure out which wires, and resistors go where. I may be able to fix. ugh....nothing electrical is planning out as expected this week.

QUOTE="Toby_Goodmk, post: 3509314, member: 38231"]Tonight has not been the best evening hooking up electrical items.. So I purchased the alky overly panel from Mark. When you take apart the alky control box and install the switches and the test switch there is literally no room or slack for the wiring to get inserted into the face plate. I tried very carefully to place all this wiring into the face plate...then iIl be damned....the freaking wires come loose. I have a message into Julio to get a new panel, but id like to be able to figure out which wires, and resistors go where. I may be able to fix. ugh....nothing electrical is planning out as expected this week.[/QUOTE]

Back