You can type here any text you want

tr values? im confused

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So what can we do to set the market straight on the values of our cars?

Well, I'm certainly no expert. I only know what I read. There are folks on this board and elsewhere who are far better qualified to say what TRs are worth.

To be honest, excepting GNX, I don't see where TR values have taken off. I happened to look at a couple of old Hemmings yesterday, one from 1993 and one from 1995. Non-GNX TRs were mainly in the $10K-$20K range. Sound familiar?

I think the notion that TR values have taken off is part cheerleading, part wishful thinking. Of course, I love these cars, and wish it to be so. But I also appreciate they are 1980s, 6 cylinder, turbocharged Buicks - niche vehicles if you will.

strike

I don't see where TR values have taken off.
well I sort of agree with you on that. They haven't really taken off but 10-20k is not to bad considering thats not far off either way from what they were brand new! Not many cars out there that old , sedans, with a v6 can say that lol. I think in the next 10 years you will really see the price start going up , especailly for the low mileage cars but what fun is that!! I did not buy mine to save for the next guy. I bought it to have fun with! I am not saying I trash mine by no means. My car is clean, runs great, and I take care of it to the T. I also don't mind dropping the hammer on her sometimes either though lol. Thats what its all about right. Going FAST with CLASS! later guys Daniel Ray

I'm a new commer to the TRs so I really couldn't even begin to say how to price one. I will how ever say I think It's cool that our cars has the potential to sell today almost penny for penny what they sold for new 20 years ago. Sure It's not a huge envestment but what other 1980's car can you restore and sell today what it sold new 20 years ago?

Ray

PS, Thanks for the support guys. I'm really excited about the part...I actually need a set my self. A good set of wheels wouldn't hurt either but thats down the road.

Kbb

KBB is weird. I qoted my 86 GN w a trashed interior fair body and the actual milage 233000+++ and d it quoyted me close to 6gs and i know the car is worth closer to 4.. Just cause its a name.... it works inmy favor, for ow anyways...

my 2 cents

i paid 7000 for my mint black/chrome very original T Type
i would have paid 10000 it is that nice...but a GN in the same condition would probably be closer to 15/16 grand.... so it is really what you want and what you can afford...even people who dont know anything about cars think mine is a gn.....so the public has a small idea of the significance of these cars

Back