You can type here any text you want

Track Pixs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Show off!

Julio, you are the biggest ham!:p

Nice pic's ;) ........ BTW, that other TTA w/ram air hood was dog slow!:p :p :p

Bo

I'd like to say I hate and envy you for being able to go to the track. Since The weather in NJ has suddenly changed into a tropical rain forest type(see Seattle) I think that they will be closing the track indefinately.:(

Julio, Are you running air bags, and have you ever tried unhooking your front sway bar? Your sway bar rotates through an arc and your front suspension travel is linear. This causes it to bind, if you unhook it your front will be able to fift more. My buddy unhooks his sway bars for Jeeping and he set his up with cotter pins. It only takes him a minute or two to hook or unhook his sway bars. Also I see from your pic that your car is squating the rear pretty good. I will never understand this but I read some stuff on setting up suspensions. They say that if your rear end squats then your not planting your rear tires as hard. This makes no sense to me because a rear end thats squating looks to me like its carying some of the weight thats usually on the front of the car and this is going to really load down the rear tires good. They use the equal and oposite reaction stuff in there explanation and say that as the rear squats and pushes the rear suspension down that the oposite reaction to that is the rear suspension is pulling up on the rear tire. When I look at it from that senerio it makes no sense to me at all. But if I look at it from this senerio I see it. If when you took off your rear suspension actually tried to raise (pushing up on the car), then the oposite reaction to this is that your rear suspension was trying to push the rear tires down. I have seen anti squat kits for F-bodies that change the angle of your lower control arms so they aim more upwards than flat. These are supposed to push up on the rear of the car as the axle housing tries to rotate clockwise. This is supposed to help F-bodies hook up harder.
This is my GUESS: If the front end rizes more than the rear then weight is transfered to rear of the car. If the rear or the car squats then the extra loading on the rear tires is d/t weight transfer only. As you get closer to pushing up your rear suspension instead of squating your actually using some of the torque thats twisting and trying to lift your front tires to push down on your rear tires and increase the loading on them. Plus you still have the extra loading from weight transfer. Like I said this is my best guess because over all its pretty confusing.

Also watch out. I made some massive sub frame connectors for my car. Even with them things in there my new hard launches have already caused me to put some big old waves in my B-pillars.

Nice pics and good luck at the track: Jason

Jason..thanks for the tip. I'll look at unhooking the front sway bar..perty easy(yeah yeah Mike I know...) and adding the air bag to the suspension...

My very first mod to my car was getting a set of South Side Machine SFC's welded in along with a Hotchkis STB. These cars are flimsy as hell..And did a THDP while they were cutting and welding. Still had the air box when I had this done.

My last car(70 BB Camaro) had SSM lift bars and know exactly what ya mean about squating the rear..I think the air bag will help out..22 lbs huh..see I pays attention. My rear end is starting to go out..single track..attributed to 2 years of you know whats :)

So I've been trying to kill it..but havent been able to yet..will unhook the front this thursday nite and see if that makes a difference..will post results..and get an air bag for the passenger rear installed and see what that does...my best has been 1.588 so thats not been too far off..but would kill for consistent 1.5's.

Mark..13 PSI in the slicks..If I try 12 it wonders on the top end..well all slicks tend to wonder around a little..more so with less air pressure..I have had great results with 13-15 Lbs.

Originally posted by Razor
Jason..thanks for the tip. I'll look at unhooking the front sway bar..perty easy(yeah yeah Mike I know...) and adding the air bag to the suspension...

What? :confused:

Back