You can type here any text you want

Track rental in Cincinnati July 14th!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KevinB

Here are the details:

The owner of Cincy Speed is putting on a Q32 race, street car race, car show, etc. at TriState Dragway in Cincinnati, Ohio. He wants me to get some TR's there!!

2007 Powerfest at Tri-State Dragway
July 14th, 9am-4pm. Two classes of Racing:

1) The Vinny **(Vinny was the owner of Stangbangerz.com, a local 'Stang board. Vinny was in his 30's and passed away this winter of a heart atack. He left behind a daughter and wife)** Changet Quick 32 Street car shoot-out. Open to ALL Street Cars. Participants will have mufflers, DOTs, insurance, & tags that match the car. Your car should be NHRA legal for the ETs it runs. (ie you run 9's, you better have the approved equipment) NO BRACKET RACING DELAY BOXES OR TIMERS. You will have 2 rounds to qualify for the race. After qualifying, the quickest 32 will then race, bracket style, to determine the winner. Those who dont qualify, will be able to run in the Street Bash Class. **slicks allowed**

As a Bonus, The car with the fastest MPH in qualifying, will be awarded a $100 Gift Card and a Plaque.

A second Bonus, the car with the Quickest ET, in qualifying, will be awarded a $100 Gift card and a plaque.

The winner will recieve a $300 Gift card & Plaque.
Runner up $150 & Plaque.

2)Street Car Bracket Bash!! Open to ALL Street cars. Same rules as above. I want this simple as possible.
Winner, $200 Gift card & Plaque.
Runner up, $100 Gift card & plaque.

ENTRY FEE...........$40 for car, driver and one crew person for the Quick 32.

$30 for the Street Bash participants and one crew member.
Non racing participants, $10. KIDS under 16, FREE!! I want this to be a FAMILY EVENT!! Bring the wife, the kids, kids friends etc etc. Bring the Whole family and enjoy the day.

Show and Shine? $10 for car and driver with a Top 10 awarded at the end of the day.

********The entry fee will aslo be good for the normal T&T after this event is over. Basically you can run your car from the morning to night. I am racing my car....let's get some more TR's there:D

Kevin,
I'm interested in going to this one with one of my vehicles. I would probably take the Buick since I really need to get some track time in it. At the very least, I'll run the Sy or Ty, depending on which one is actually running at the time. :cool:
Corbin

Kevin,
I'm interested in going to this one with one of my vehicles. I would probably take the Buick since I really need to get some track time in it. At the very least, I'll run the Sy or Ty, depending on which one is actually running at the time. :cool:
Corbin

Sounds good! Spread the word to your SyTy people. We need to show those Stangbangerz up;)

Official flier. Prices are posted as well as payouts.

Attachments

• powerfest.jpg
    powerfest.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 216
Next weekend!

Looks like there are some Buicks attending:

Me
Deren
John Martin

maybe:
Steve Hughes
Dave Fiscus

Anyone else joining?

I plan on being there. Did you find out if we can run slicks in the quick 32? Thanks

Steve, your car is fine. Slicks and any exhaust with mufflers is ok. Here is my thread asking about that on stangbangerz.com. I'm pretty sure that they will not deny any cars stretching some of the rules. Heck, it's a bracket race, not a heads up race. They just don't want any cars with delay boxes and the like.
StangBangerz Forums

Kevin,
What did they say? For some reason I can't log-on over there. I thought I read in the flyer that one could run slicks in the "second" bracket but not the first???

Thanks,
Ed

I copied and pasted this: (It's for both classes)

Here are the rules........

1. NO Delay Boxes!!
2. Tags & Insurance (must match the car)
3. Mufflers, in case of a Single turbo car, a single muffler.
4. Safety requirements for the speed you will be racing at (ie, cage for 11.49 and quicker, helmet, long pants, etc etc)

I believe those are pretty simple.

I hope that they dont complain that I dont have current tags on my car. I do have insurance though!!!!!

John Martin

I hope that they dont complain that I dont have current tags on my car. I do have insurance though!!!!!

John Martin

I don't think they will be very strict on that. I think they are just trying to keep purpose built race cars out

i'm going to try and make it, even if i cant race.

BTW: Kevin, i'm loving the Maft pro, Thanks again. :biggrin:

Hey Kevin, I can bring my gas grill if needed. Let me know. I also have a covered tent, I think its like 10X10 or so. Deren

Back