You can type here any text you want

Track results, disappointed, questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Darkside8889

Welp, I took the car to the track last night and was rather disappointed. Somewhere between work and the strip I managed to loose 6 pounds of boost and roared off 3 blistering 15.80-90's right at 90 MPH.

No knock at all on scanmaster, O2's staying above .800

Engine temp was 220 on all runs due to crappy staging lanes, I never got above 12 PSI on any run and it bogged like a mofo out of the hole even leaving at 2 PSI (street tires) (2.4-2.6 short times). I get the car on the highway leaving and get the tempature down to 180ish and all my boost is back and it pulls better in OD than it did in 2nd at the track.

This leads me to a few theories/questions

1. Boost limit due to engine temp in stock tune?

2. Lack of SA due to engine temp causing turbo not to spool properly, also lack of SA down low causing low end bog and lots of lag?

3. Way rich with 50# injectors and 50# constant but otherwise stock chip due to engine temp causing turbo not to spool properly?

If this seems right what is the .def file for the TTA and is it the same as the one for the GN ($T31 or $58 maybe???)? I have most of tunercat's def files and probably can fix this since it seems like a tuning issue, just need to find out what exactly the guy that I got the car from did to the chip

to much fuel go to 43. 50 is overkill. get a 180 chevy stat and trim it to fit then get a new chip from eric at turbotweek or the translator/ extender chip if you like to tune on it yourself. This will make a world of diffrence !
my car was over 2 sec faster than that with just a k&n filter:p

and so you know the 180 is for us guys who need heat in the winter :D make sure you have the chip burned to turn the fans on at 185 off 175

The fans not on were the big problem in the staging lanes with it getting hot, already has a 180 stat was just getting to 220 sitting in the lanes cause of where the fan is turning on in the chip.

Do you know what def file is required for the TTA chips? I'm used to $32B and $6E for my 88 but have the majority of the rest. I also have several "mystery chips" for 50# injectors I got with the car, I'd like to see what is on those. If memory serves right one of them might be a turbotweek chip.

I do plan on a LT1 MAF and the translator+, just gotta find some more $$$... Sales tax on this thing killed my bank account on projects for a few months:(

Well... first is never race a TTA with coolant at 200+.

Let the car sit for an hour+ until the coolant is down to 130. Then if you have to put it in line.. leave the hood open and push it to the front of the line. You want to race the car with coolant at 140-145 while staging it. no more than 160. Next if the car is on street tires dont bring up the boost, all that does is kill the tires. Leave at zero and play with the pedal.

Listen there are a bunch of chips available for these car that are dirt dirt cheap and perorm wonders beyond anything you'll ever do on tuner cat. An easy chip is the thrasher92.

You need O2's in the upper 700's through the traps.. not 800's. Also need boost to be at 15-16 PSI not 9.. if not MPH will not come up.

Get your car running correctly, lock the converter, it should run with a 2.0 60 foot low-mid 13's at 104-106.

At least your taking it to the track. Now no more racing it at 220 degree's.. one thing these cars hate is heat. Especially when the owner wants numbers.

ouch!

You,re right, Razor. Heat sucks it out of the beast! I always enjoy your responses.
Dale

Back