You can type here any text you want

Traction loss at 58 mph!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87NAT

In Between GN's
My Et Street Radials finally died...wore them down to nothing. I did not want to spend big bucks on more MT's right now because I have a set of MT's on some Weld wheels for the track. I took my old Goodyears out of storage and mounted them on the back. I honestly didnt think I would have a traction problem in the top of third but boy was I wrong. I watched the scanmaster read 58 mph and I stomped it and it went sideways real bad.:eek: I am very impressed with this new turbo/combo. Going to the track next week. It simply amazes me the amount of power these little engines can make.

Needless to say I will be breaking out the checkbook soon and buying some new drag tires. The new Hossiers maybe....:confused:

I am in the same boat as you... I wore out a set of MTs too quickly, so I have switched to nittos. They are a little harder, but ride a lot nicer than my MTs did. Maybe it was just a better balancing job, but the car definitely seems happy. They should be worth at least double the mileage of the MTs and will still hook better than any regular street tire will... I have not been able to really get on it yet, because I have been fighting inspection crap... I'll report back when I know more. If these are street only tires I would definitely recommend the nittos though. 400$ mounted and balanced through discount.

They do not hook as good as the MT's. They need a big burnout to get good and sticky, the MT's need less of a burn out.

I loved the MT. They worked great. 1.59 sixty foots with them on the foot brake.

The car is so dangerous right now with the Goodyears its not even funny. I cant give it anything more than 1/2 throttle anywhere I go. A new vette was screwing with me yesterday and I knew I would smash into him if I tried to race.:frown:

If I would have had my ole MT's he would have brought that bucket back to the dealership.:cool:

My MT's were showing threads after approx 5,000 miles, so was seriously thinking about throwing the reg. radials I took off back on till I got new DR's, but then remembered ripping those tires loose from a 60 mph punch on the freeway & that was w/ old combo & a TE45a turbo...:eek: Anyways, I decided I'd better go ahead & just order a new set of MT's. Right now, with the new 70gtqbb I'm running around 20 lbs of boost, but that's fixing to change.....

By the way...how much boost are you running w/ the 93 & alchy?

The Darkside:cool:

My MT's were showing threads after approx 5,000 miles, so was seriously thinking about throwing the reg. radials I took off back on till I got new DR's, but then remembered ripping those tires loose from a 60 mph punch on the freeway & that was w/ old combo & a TE45a turbo...:eek: Anyways, I decided I'd better go ahead & just order a new set of MT's. Right now, with the new 70gtqbb I'm running around 20 lbs of boost, but that's fixing to change.....

By the way...how much boost are you running w/ the 93 & alchy?

The Darkside:cool:

22 psi on the street. When I get to the track I would like to work my way up to 25. I have a stock bottom end so I need to be careful.

Just took my Street tires off for the same reason spun them at 70mph:eek:
Put on Nitto 275/50R15 on 10" rims:)
Keeping my MTDR's for spares

You should try mine with 275/50/15 Radial TA's on it. It'll fry em to 100. And fun? Not always, LOL!

Picked up a set of 28 inch Nittos to use for the street cruising, and hopefully they are going to be a BIT safer. Doubt it will help much. Drags are the only way to get any legit traction at all, but who can afford to replace their tires every couple of months? Not me.

Just took my Street tires off for the same reason spun them at 70mph:eek:
Put on Nitto 275/50R15 on 10" rims:)
Keeping my MTDR's for spares

How much horsepower is my car making to spin the tires at these speeds? I know I mashed the throttle at 58 mph but it felt like it would have done it at 65-70 mph the way it instantly got sideways. I am going to the track bext week and I will plug in my weight, ET and MPH in the computer formulas to get a more accurate number but I was just curious in the mean time.

How much horsepower is my car making to spin the tires at these speeds? I know I mashed the throttle at 58 mph but it felt like it would have done it at 65-70 mph the way it instantly got sideways. I am going to the track bext week and I will plug in my weight, ET and MPH in the computer formulas to get a more accurate number but I was just curious in the mean time.

I would have to say low 11's

Back