You can type here any text you want

Tranny cooler question...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

captrob

Slow GN Fizz!
Do these type of coolers work very well?

Fin Cooler

I know it's not as good as a plate cooler, but I need an extra long/narrow cooler and this is all that I can find. Better than nothing?
Anyone that has used one like this please chime in.

Thanks, Rob

I have seen those before, mostly street rods, etc. They claim to be super efficient. I can't remeber the brand name and find it odd they didn't include it in the auction, unless it is a knock-off.
BTW, I bought a B&M Supercooler plate style for the same price at Rod show. Works excellent and no shipping.
I think Summit has them for close to the same price.

Check Jegs or Summit first. I bought Perma cools biggest cooler and put it behind my front mount and it cools great, only about 3/4 inch thick. Those are for street rods where they don't have an area in front of the radiator, you have plenty of room and a good air flow too.
Tarey D.

I think Moroso was one of the first ones to market that type of cooler, and they didn't recommend it for street use, probably due to the lack of total surface area. All it is is a heat sink design.

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=24001

I have a Perma-Cool unit with the integral fan and I like it, but some people say the stacked plate designs are the best, such as the B&M Supercooler.

Steve

Back